NBD (New Band Day)

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
There is nothing like a deadline to sharpen the mind, to achieve results if you’re really focused!

I have the type of character that can put things off. Some would call it procrastination, I believe things happen at the time they do for a reason.

At the beginning of the week, a work colleague (guitarist and drummer) asked me if I’d be interested in putting a band together for a Cancer Charity gig. I of course agreed.

Another work colleague, with whom I play acoustic guitar agreed also.

Adding to the ensemble, my wife and daughter, both singers, agreed to join.

All we were missing was a Bass player. I made some enquiries with my sons Drum teacher.

Last night I got a late night text from the drum teacher, saying that a friend who played Bass and was very interested.

This evening I spoke with the Bass player and we’re on!

I’d love a keyboard player as well and who knows I may tempt Les to visit Scotland!:)

There will be further updates.

But as you can imagine, I’m very excited, as this will be my first band in several (ahem, ahem) years.

Dude, that's awesome! Wish I had the means to drop everything a jaunt across the pond!

Man that would be so cool, but you’d have to hire a Lear, because there’s a bunch of other guys here who I would be stoked to be there too.

Depending on how this works out, it could continue after the gig as a working band which would be so goooood!

Back