NAD incoming!

dmatthews

Dave's not here
I love my H combo, it is a beast. I get great tone out of it and I get to throw it in the car for gigs without the extra 2x12 I have in the studio.

That being said, I have GAS... we all have GAS... She (the GAS) is our expensive and heartless mistress.
So...
I found what I think/hope to be a significant upgrade. A rather comely PRS 2 channel Custom 50 combo.
It is sitting in Bellingham, Washington on its way to Blaine where I will jump across the border and pick it up. Well... maybe I'll drive across... jumping back across with a 70lb box might prove a tad difficult.
Anyway, I'm hoping I can pick it up tomorrow, but more likely it'll be Monday.
Here's a pic from the seller.

I found this jewel at Victor Litz Music in Gaithersburg, MD. A screaming deal I just could not pass up!
The four upgrades from the H that sold me on the Custom 50 are (in no particular order):
1) Three button footswitch with LEDs. The two button that comes with the H has no LEDs, so I made one that does.
2) A boost function for both clean and lead channels (that's what the third button on the footswitch is for). And I love the fact that they are individually adjustable.
3) The reverb can be set to disengage when you switch to the lead channel. Excellent!
4) Switchable Mid shift for the lead channel.

Because this amp is based on the H, I think I'm going to love it!
Proof soon!:D

Thank you sir!
The seller says this amp came from "some kind of open house at PRS", which of course leads me to believe it is an Experience amp.

Thank you sir!
The seller says this amp came from "some kind of open house at PRS", which of course leads me to believe it is an Experience amp.
Hey, I'm going to "some kind of open house at PRS" in a couple months...will I see you there? Well??!! :D (unfair peer pressure applied and implied)

That's a freakin' beauty, Dave. It's the right addition to your existing harem of PRS perfection.

That's awesome! If you love the H the Custom is even better. I own both (heads) and as good as the H is, the changes to the Custom are nice upgrades, and you forget a couple. Presence and Resonance.

Hey, I'm going to "some kind of open house at PRS" in a couple months...will I see you there? Well??!! :D (unfair peer pressure applied and implied)

That's a freakin' beauty, Dave. It's the right addition to your existing harem of PRS perfection.
I may have just blown my budget Kerry, but the peer pressure is most appreciated be it fair or unfair.;)

Back