My NOS Modern Eagle I

Spent some time with her this weekend...SWEET guitar! When I sold my other one, my 59/09 limited quickly became its replacement. Pretty much an exact formula without the Brazilian neck and RP’s.

I put them both thru the paces today.... 57/08’s in my ME1 and 59/09’s in my 59/09 :)

Tough shootout! Both have their own special qualities.... I feel the ME1 edged the 59/09. Not by much!
The Brazilian Rosewood neck wins every time :)

The Brazilian Rosewood neck wins every time :)

Indeed!

IMG_4790.jpg

IMG_4796.jpg

Last edited:
Somehow I never commented on this thread, but I always thought those ME1s that came out in 2012 were the best ones offered, with the combination of the older woods and the new hardware and pickups.

Spent some time with her this weekend...SWEET guitar! When I sold my other one, my 59/09 limited quickly became its replacement. Pretty much an exact formula without the Brazilian neck and RP’s.

I put them both thru the paces today.... 57/08’s in my ME1 and 59/09’s in my 59/09 :)

Tough shootout! Both have their own special qualities.... I feel the ME1 edged the 59/09. Not by much!

I sent my ME1 in to the PTC to have 57/08s installed, and when I got it back, played it side by side with my 59/09. In the end, I decided the ME just needed more thrust, so I dropped a set of 59/09 pickups in it and now have a stoptail 59/09 and a trem-equipped ME1 with 59/09s. They complement each other beautifully...

I sent my ME1 in to the PTC to have 57/08s installed, and when I got it back, played it side by side with my 59/09. In the end, I decided the ME just needed more thrust, so I dropped a set of 59/09 pickups in it and now have a stoptail 59/09 and a trem-equipped ME1 with 59/09s. They complement each other beautifully...
59/09s with Braz necks are perfect for each other. 57/08s seems to match better with Mahogany or Pernie necks in my experience (but my ears aren’t the greatest).

Back