my new Zach Myers!

BradfordJames

Just picked my new Trampas Green Zach Myers up from Chuck Levin's here in Maryland. I love it! When setting it up, the tech said the nut needed to be recut because it was buzzing so he did it for me. I might go with the PRS US one like everyone suggests though.

My truss rod cover is just black. Isn't it supposed to have PRS on it? Just wondering.

Does anyone know if pickup covers would work with this guitar? I don't like the look of them and if like to have some nickel covers to match the other hardware.

Anyways, this is my first real guitar and I could barely put it down long enough to type this out! Learning quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions for me to be sure I enjoy the heck out of this baby?

Congrats! I'd put a USA PRS nut on, not because I have bad experience with SE nuts, but just because the USA ones are great. I believe there were some truss rod covers that had PRS on them and later they went to a plain cover...So you could see both on the same model guitars. I'm not a zebra bobbin fan myself. You could definitely put some covers on them.

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to buy the nut from prs and have it installed locally or should the place I got it from probably have it?

I'm guessing Chuck's can get it for you and install it. They're right there, so should be quick turnaround time.

Probably. They probably even have it in stock since they have a full line of their US made guitars in stock always.

So besides the nut and the (personal choice of) pickup covers, anyone have any suggestions people usually alter on these guitars?

Congrats ! I got a vintage sunburst Zach a month ago...love the guitar. Pickup covers, I'll be adding these to mine next month -- Nickel Silver. You'll need the 50mm for the neck and 52mm for the bridge.
http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/humbucker/?sort=featured&page=3
I plan to have the tech at NStuff Music do the pup covers, a new PRS nut and setup for .010s.
It's a killer guitar, enjoy yours !

They`ll be soldered on. You can get Mike Dove or Phil Jacoby to do it if you buy the covers from Philadelphia luthiers. I would tell you not to do any other mods until you`ve lived with the guitar for a while. See how you feel about the way it sounds and plays before you do anything else.

Congrats ! I got a vintage sunburst Zach a month ago...love the guitar. Pickup covers, I'll be adding these to mine next month -- Nickel Silver. You'll need the 50mm for the neck and 52mm for the bridge.
http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/humbucker/?sort=featured&page=3
I plan to have the tech at NStuff Music do the pup covers, a new PRS nut and setup for .010s.
It's a killer guitar, enjoy yours !
The guitar has 2 different sized pickups in it?????

There was a mixture of truss rod covers, some were PRS, some were ZM before they went to the blank covers. Mine has the ZM cover. Congrats on the new guitar. ENJOY!!!

Congrats! Seriously we need pics! I just got an email from my local dealer that they have one in stock. I'll be picking her up on Wednesday. So this just furthers my excitement to see yours :laugh:

You guys are relentless! Mods, if this forum is a bit too conservative for these pictures, please let me know and I'll remove them immediately.

guitar%201%20of%201_zps73ws2wbg.jpg

guitar%204%20of%205_zpskutyeckz.jpg

guitar%203%20of%205_zpsksgeaw38.jpg

guitar%202%20of%205_zpsntphqhcz.jpg

That's my beautiful fiancee Mary. She's a bassist but forgive her. (Yes, she knows I'm posting the pictures here. She does this kind of stuff for a living!)

Back