My Intro

Dagoe

Hello all. I'm a play-along-at-home amateur about 10 years into electric guitars. I have a modest PRS stable: McCarty 594 (2017), Silver Sky (2021), SE Mira (2021) and SE Standard 24-08 (2022). They got a new stablemate this week: a Gretsch G2622-P90, another well-make guitar from Indonesia. Each sends a distinct sound to a Ceriatone OTS Mini 20. I'm located about an hour's drive from the PRS factory -- and John Ingram, former PRS factory set-up person. I got my McCarty used. It sounded like crap. Mr. Ingram make it sing.

Hello all. I'm a play-along-at-home amateur about 10 years into electric guitars. I have a modest PRS stable: McCarty 594 (2017), Silver Sky (2021), SE Mira (2021) and SE Standard 24-08 (2022). They got a new stablemate this week: a Gretsch G2622-P90, another well-make guitar from Indonesia. Each sends a distinct sound to a Ceriatone OTS Mini 20. I'm located about an hour's drive from the PRS factory -- and John Ingram, former PRS factory set-up person. I got my McCarty used. It sounded like crap. Mr. Ingram make it sing.
Welcome to the forum Dagoe! I would not call that a "modest" PRS stable, but glad you are thinking about the future and what you PRS collection will eventually look like!! If you have any work you would like to share, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!

I've got the same voicing. I'm interested in comparing our usage of the amps and various settings.

tfXsrZJ.jpg

This is where I tend to keep everything except the master depends on what venue I'm in.

tfXsrZJ.jpg

This is where I tend to keep everything except the master depends on what venue I'm in.
I can't send a pix because I haven't figured out this forum's system.
The first thing to know about my settings is that the only thing in my effects loop is the JHS Little Black Amp Box, which serves as a master volume. I use the amp's OD channel for everything, clean or gritty. I find I get a richer clean sound this way.
Going across the amp face: we're about the same on presence. I have the master and ratio at max. Level is at 1 o'clock. The three equalizer dials are at zero. I control tone on the pedal board and the guitar. We match on Rock/Jazz and Mid Boost. I don't use Volume because I don't use the clean channel. My OD Trim dial stays at 11 o'clock. I play-along with a wide variety of music and handle the changes in style and type with the pedal board. I love the way this amp handles OD and Fuzz.

Welcome, I purchased my first PRS over 20 years ago! I was going to purchase a Strat my my friend, the owner, at C&M Music talked me into buying a PRS. Best decision I ever made. Fast forward 20 years. I wanted a 7-string and purchased a Holcomb. Then I purchased a SilverSky thinking that would solve me wanting a strat for so long, but it wasn't the guitar for me. I traded it in for a Vela and a Mexi strat which I had Pleked, locking tuners, and noisless pickups installed. I also purhased a Fractal Audio FM3 after a friend lent me his last July. I have since written around 18 songs since then.I am one happy musician.

I can't send a pix because I haven't figured out this forum's system.
The first thing to know about my settings is that the only thing in my effects loop is the JHS Little Black Amp Box, which serves as a master volume. I use the amp's OD channel for everything, clean or gritty. I find I get a richer clean sound this way.
Going across the amp face: we're about the same on presence. I have the master and ratio at max. Level is at 1 o'clock. The three equalizer dials are at zero. I control tone on the pedal board and the guitar. We match on Rock/Jazz and Mid Boost. I don't use Volume because I don't use the clean channel. My OD Trim dial stays at 11 o'clock. I play-along with a wide variety of music and handle the changes in style and type with the pedal board. I love the way this amp handles OD and Fuzz.

I've used the FX loop but find, at least with the solid state dumbleator buffer, the volume just can't get up to gig levels so it's unused mostly.

I have used the amp with the OD on with no pedals for several gigs pretty successfully and may revert back to that soon. The only issue I have there is clean sounds aren't really big because of the treble bleed in the guitars.

I'm really curious about how you have your pedalboard set up and what the signal chain is.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. I'll post a pix of my setup -- once I learn how to post it. Help. Please.

I've used the FX loop but find, at least with the solid state dumbleator buffer, the volume just can't get up to gig levels so it's unused mostly.

I have used the amp with the OD on with no pedals for several gigs pretty successfully and may revert back to that soon. The only issue I have there is clean sounds aren't really big because of the treble bleed in the guitars.

I'm really curious about how you have your pedalboard set up and what the signal chain is.
My chain start to finish
Tuner
Mini Ego (Wampler)
Clover (JHS) These two are tone shapers and enhancers. Nothing dramatic but jointly effective.
Triangle Big Muff (fuzz by Electro Harmonix)
Golden Pony (Smokin' Amps)
Gain Changer (OD by David Barber)
ODR Mini (Nobels)
Exacta (Fuzz by Mr, Barber)
Yellow Fall (delay from Donner)
Wet Reverb (Neunaber)
Deco (Strymon)
RC Booster (Xotic Effects)
Nearly every pedal got good mentions on the Gear Page that caught my attention. I got the tuner and the Clover on my own.
I've found that using the OD channel at around 50% of gain gets me far stronger results than the clean channel.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome messages. I'll post a pix of my setup -- once I learn how to post it. Help. Please.
There are several threads on the forum detailing how to post pix (certainly not intuitive or included with the forum). Here is a link that has a video and PDF tutorial, as well as links to other known forum threads on the topic:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/

PM me if you need further assistance! The long and short of it is, you have to host your pictures at another secure location (https), and then point to them from here ;~((

Hey Dagoe, that image link does work, but the reason it does not show the image here and rather shows a link is, the image links here MUST end in .jpg or some other image extension. So your URL above ends with 7bgq8x31, so the forum setup here will not recognize that as an image. Let me know if you need any additional information on this. I think most of the details are in my video and PDF tutorials at that link above, but happy to answer any specific questions you might have!

Great collection there! I would not call it modest at all!! Congrats!!!

Back