My first PS guitar.

Maybe in 93 the alder stock was already low? The top seems PS grade so I would not worry too much about the back irt it being a PS

I don't want to add fuel to the fire but is it normal for a private stock instrument to have a three piece body like OP's? The one posted by @11top sure seems to have a one piece body to me.

I know my 91 CE has a two piece body, but it's an alder one, center seam, and solid color. And it's not Private Stock.
This is also an Alder back, maybe it's difficult to get that large a slab of Alder to make it one piece?
Anyway I have asked PRS that question and awaiting their response.

And this I think wraps up the three piece body question.

Good afternoon, Kevin,

At the time this guitar was manufactured PRS was did not obtain a lot of one-piece alder bodies. The luthiers would use three pieces to craft a solid body for manufacturing.

Thank you and have a great weekend,
Beth
Customer Service
Paul Reed Smith Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666

Good afternoon, Kevin,

At the time this guitar was manufactured PRS was did not obtain a lot of one-piece alder bodies. The luthiers would use three pieces to craft a solid body for manufacturing.

Beth
Customer Service
Paul Reed Smith Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
Called it ;-)

Yarp but nice to have it confirmed from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Now just gotta find out how it ended up with gold dots...might be a little more tricky.

Or just play the bloody thing...lol
There is always that: play it! Had a 92 CE with alder back. Great sounding guitar, and this must be better :).

Good afternoon, Kevin,

Beth
Customer Service
Paul Reed Smith Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666

I wonder if it’s Red Alder (rubs chin).

Back