My first, but definitely not last

plextasy

As stated in my intro thread, I finally bought my first PRS! I was searching for a McCarty with birds and found something on Reverb. Despite it being listed a bit oddly, I had a good feeling about it. Normally, I would play before buying but I took a chance and am glad that I did.

It’s an ‘04 McCarty and all I know is that I love it and my fingers are raw from playing so much over the last week.

I’m surprised at how bright the pickups are after hearing how dark McCarty pups are over the years. It’s been quite a few years since I’ve played an early 00’s McCarty so I have no reference but this is one of my only guitars that I actually find the tone knob useful on. I can roll off a bit of high end and it doesn’t take away from the attack or feel. I busted out my multimeter and they came in right around 8k which would be right on if stock. I may pull them during the next string change to verify.

anyway, here it is
fo4loS0.jpg

Congrats! Reminds me of my first, a 2000 10 top dark cherry sunburst McCarty. Now with my brother, a savvy and patient buyer - sold it to him to fund a new 2010 Exp Ltd Cu24 (in 2011).

Welcome and Congrats.

You're now part of the PRS family.

NOW you need to start figuring out which one to get next.;)

Welcome and Congrats.

You're now part of the PRS family.

NOW you need to start figuring out which one to get next.;)
Thanks! Really proud to be in the fam

I’d love a DGT or Singlecut with 25” scale. I love the 594s but already have a decent LP and really dig the 25” scale so I’d like to stick with that. I also have a thing for the old CE-22s. I almost bought a really nice one for 1100 but someone snagged it before I had the chance.

I’m already searching blue and purple tops on light ash bodies. I also really dig the classic vintage Yellow and Blood Orange but that’s too close to what I already have. Ordered the PRS book to drool over :)

Back