MT 100

No more hideous than this one fronted with chicken wire...

Wouldn't be my choice of amp, but not because of looks, because of how it sounds. Nothing like a Dumble. And the high gain channel has that clanky metal sound I don't like, though others do, and more power to them!

At that price, of COURSE it'll be made overseas.
;):):p:D

Metal Grill, Chrome Chassis XTC
So something like this, your namesake brand, at least for the grille?:

Bogner-Ecstasy-Metal-Grill-Option.jpg

Well. TBH, I don't think that looks any better than the MT100. But hey, to each their own!

I can't believe more people aren't on this topic anywhere hahaha... I think they gave up hope, we're lulled to sleep waiting on what they think is a myth.... But it's here now. I would assume they will make cabs, hopefully they are close to what the PRS stealth cabs were and with the same grill as that finalized Amp would look great.
I think the ship has sailed for mass interest in big iron 100 Watt amps. There’s definitely a market for them - pros who still want full-size back lines, and mic’ed amps in a studio, but with the array of incredible mini-to-small heads and modeling/profiling options, I’m guessing that market is shrinking.

I think the ship has sailed for mass interest in big iron 100 Watt amps. There’s definitely a market for them - pros who still want full-size back lines, and mic’ed amps in a studio, but with the array of incredible mini-to-small heads and modeling/profiling options, I’m guessing that market is shrinking.
I dunno... Mesa seems to do fine with their 90w Mark series heads.

So something like this, your namesake brand, at least for the grille?:

Bogner-Ecstasy-Metal-Grill-Option.jpg

Well. TBH, I don't think that looks any better than the MT100. But hey, to each their own!
That Is Kind Of Right...The Chrome Chassis Looks Much Better. I Could List Others But I Doubt It Would Really Matter To You. :)

Plenty Of People Still Want A Man's Amp. ;) (Kidding....Kind Of).

So Many Amps Have Good Master Volumes On Them And Or Half Power Options, etc. That Is Makes No Sense To Buy A Low Powered Amp Unless You Really Have Sound Limitations And Never Plan To Play At Any Type Of Volume. If That Is The Case, Plug Ins And Headphones Or Modelers May Be A Better Avenue. Some Of My Highest Wattage Heads Also Sound The Best At Low Volume As Well. I Can Play Them Whisper Quiet And Get Amazing Tones Or I Can Play Loud Enough To Get The Police Over In 5 Minutes And Anywhere In Between. Makes No Sense To Use Anything Else In My Book. Granted, We All Like What We Like But There Are Great High Wattage Options For Any Tone Wishes One May Have That Can Deliver The Goods On All Sound Levels.

Last edited:
The Soldano Logo At Least Looks Like It Cost $8.00 Where The PRS Logo On The MT-100 Looks Like It Cost $.39 At Most. ;) Aesthetics Have Come A Long Way In All Kinds Of Design Capacities From the 80's When The SLO Was Designed. The Cosmetics On The MT-100 Isn't One Of Those Advancements. Looks Won't Prevent Me From Buying It But IMO The Archon Looked Much Better As Does Most Every Other Amp Choice Out There On The Market Today. YMMV

It doesn't look any more hideous than paragraph after paragraph with the first letter of every word capitalized! Not downgrading what you have to say but, damn, it's hard to read!

What do you consider to be good-looking amps? Just curious.
My DG30 (the cream colored amp on the left) and Lone Star 100 (on the right in the tan livery) are two good amplifier looks IMHO.

jIIIONR.jpg

While not quite as unusual, I like the understated look of my HXDA, too. It’s on the left in the studio pic but it’s hard to see, So here's a better shot. I have no idea why these pics look so grainy! :eek:

mtfCWIG.jpg

Last edited:
You Will Get Used To It. I Believe In You!
I will admit that it is a little jarring, but my curiosity makes me ask: it seems to me it takes more time to capitalize each word, so why do you bother? Is it a quirky habit from a traumatizing typing class in high school?

When I have to capitalize The First Letter In A Word, I usually end up making more mistakes.

I will admit that it is a little jarring, but my curiosity makes me ask: it seems to me it takes more time to capitalize each word, so why do you bother? Is it a quirky habit from a traumatizing typing class in high school?

When I have to capitalize The First Letter In A Word, I usually end up making more mistakes.
Yeah, @Bogner ’s typing is a little odd, reading it takes a bit of effort. After a long gaze in the mirror at my quirky self, I’ve taken to live and let live. The minor effort almost always yields a humorous or informative result. You ought to see my handwriting - an illegible scrawl of all caps with the odd lower case letter(s) in the middle of words, and cursive letters jumping out of nowhere.

Back