Modern eagle ?

wardog

What the gravy and cheese!!!!
So what is it about the modern eagle guitar that i see some nice used ones at my local guitar center? Is it the modern eagle pickups?

I played one at GC that had 5708s and rosewood neck. It was sweet as pie but too exspensive for me.

warren, dont buy it. it will only whet your appetite for crackwood and i know how often you go through guitars :vroam:

Ha!! Actually i am good for now. Just was curious as to why my local gc has 3 morgen eagle guitars for sale. All with modern eagle pickups. The one new one they had they sold quickly was a modern eagle with nf3 pickups. So, i was wondering if it was the me pickups they these owners did not like.

I recently got this MEII from MAPete and it is something special notes just explode off this thing and it looks great too :)
hoping to get a trem version someday.

So what is it about the modern eagle guitar that i see some nice used ones at my local guitar center? Is it the modern eagle pickups?

Not sure if you're familiar with the specs or not, but it's a variety of things.

The crackwood neck was the major incentive for me to get one. I just love it and can't seem to shake the itch. I specifically wanted an MEQ because of the 53/10 pick-ups (and I also liked the aesthetic cues of the binding -- YMMV).

But yeah, the 53/10s plus the McCarty body, coupled with the rosewood neck and sweet hardware, make for quite a delicious recipe in the MEQ. I'm sure the other MEs have similar (yet unique) ingredient lists that make them amazing, too...

ME1s have Braz RW necks to die for, very thin mat nitro finish RP pickups, MEII RW neck 57/08 pickups gloss finish, MEIII has 3 narrowfield 57/08 pickups, RW neck (bound on 25th anniversary model), MEQ RW neck (bound) 53/10 pickups some of the best PRSi you can buy IMHO, as someone said RW necks are adictive you have been warned ;-)

Believe me, these guitar are very nice, but all i see in the used section is the ones with the me pickups. For what ever reason they have ended up for sale is the sellers reason. Just thought it was odd they all had the me pickups.

The reason you see them for sale used is just the typical "guitar player syndrome". Guys will buy guitars just to sort of try it out. As awesome as the Modern Eagles are, a lot of guys will realize "these are worth $5000...I can trade it for a lot more stuff".

Believe me, these guitar are very nice, but all i see in the used section is the ones with the me pickups. For what ever reason they have ended up for sale is the sellers reason. Just thought it was odd they all had the me pickups.

I actually think the RP pickups are a great match in the ME I. My thought is the guitars are not for sale just due to the pickups. Rosewood necks are beyond addictive. Nothing feels quite like them in the hand.

I have a couple of them..................... They Fugg'in Rock! :rock:

I also like the RP P-ups just fine. Although not everyone does.

MEI's are perhaps the most sought after PRS model ever made!

I got mine last year and after a while found that the RP bridge pick up was almost nasal sounding, not offensive by any stretch of the imagination, but not quite there. I installed a SD Brobucker (my favourite pick up and I have these in other guitars too) and it's all that I expect in my ultimate guitar, it plays awesome, sounds killer and looks the dogs danglies. If I had more cash if I'm honest I wouldn't bother going P.S, I'd just buy more M.E 1's!

Back