Model comparison - newbie

kungphukenobi

Hi all, in the market for a new guitar and almost bought a Gibson LP studio before trying a 245 SE at the local store and absolutely loving it. So now I am shopping for a PRS..on a bit of a budget :)

I have found a few online that I am trying to decide between and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as I am struggling to understand the differences between some of them :S I believe I am not allowed links so I will do my best to describe, prices are AUD:

PRS1: SE 245 Cherry "taking orders" so I assume 2018 model $759

PRS2: SE 245 vintage cherry "in stock" has zebra humbuckers and white binding 2017 model maybe? $849

PRS3: SE 245 vintage cherry 2016 model $999

PRS4: Orianthi (non sparkle one) I would prefer the single cut but this might be a great deal? second hand $700

Or any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.
Since you seem biased to the single cut in cherry red (excellent choice), I would go for the one you can get your hands on first zebra is good.

Love my Orianthi!

Put a MannMade tremolo on it later and installed Zhangbucker.com hand wound pickups in mine.

Stock was fine, but I turned it into a SuperBeast!

The 245’s all have wide/fat necks. The 24 fretters all have wide/thin necks in the Se range. All the 22 fret guitars should be wide/fat. If you love the 245 neck, go for that model. I have one, and it’s a very nice guitar.

Back