ME Quatro vs DGT

Louisguitar

Hi all,
I need your valuable advice.
I would like to sell my '87 Custom 24, which I keep only for collection, to buy one of these two guitars, the ME Quatro and the DGT. From what I've read they are both vintage style with trem, so which one would be more suitable for jazz-rock or blues or which one do you prefer?

Thank you

You can't lose with either guitar, but I would take the DGT. It's probably not as versatile, but it's plenty versatile, and I love the tone.

OTOH, I don't care to play 11's so if I were to buy a DGT it would have to be set up for 9's or 10's.

The ME Quatro is pretty sick, with its rosewood neck and rare 53/10 pickups (think low-output early-PAF or P90 strength). Plus you get binding on the neck and I believe they're also higher-grade woods (wood library or maybe private-stock level). Many of them have the stoptail bridge, but they can occasionally be found with a tremolo too. Again, these would be harder to find, and probably more collectable (and more expensive) than a DGT because of their limited numbers.

DGT's will be much easier to find and they're definitely jazz/blues-rock oriented with a vintage-style tremolo. Personally I'd rather have an ME4; but for what you've described (jazz-rock/blues with tremolo) the DGT might actually be best.

I've got ME Quattro that i'm willing to part with. Willing to negotiate the price, but I have it set for a higher price because I really don't want to sell it...but for the right offer, I would. It's up on reverb right now:

Definitely a killer guitar. The sustain on the ME Quattro's are insane. It rings so well. This one has the stoptail, so great for really anything you want to throw at it. The 53/10s are special pickups and definitely do the PAF thing well. Warm, but not muddy...with some great bite to them.

Hi all,
I need your valuable advice.
I would like to sell my '87 Custom 24, which I keep only for collection, to buy one of these two guitars, the ME Quatro and the DGT. From what I've read they are both vintage style with trem, so which one would be more suitable for jazz-rock or blues or which one do you prefer?

Thank you
Not all Quatros have a trem as shown in my avatar. I own both this and a DGT. Neither have the flexibility of a four knob layout (matter of preference). With that said, there is a bit more tonal flexibility with the DGT with its separate volume controls. The DGT pickups are definitely hotter, but the 53/10s have enough for me. You might find the pattern neck on the Quattro more familiar. If this particular Quattro doesn’t have a trem, and you need one, your choice is already made.

The Quatro I could get is in McCarty sunburst, almost orange, with trem (probably I prefer Black gold color).
The used price is similar to a brand new DGT.
Actually I would like to replace my two PRSs, an '87 Custom 24 and a '91 Signature with an ME1 and an ME Quatro.
The ME1 in faded blue jeans with trem is already at my house, but I still have to pay it to a friend, the ME Quatro will arrive if I sell one of mine.
I think it would increase the collectible value and also the sonic beauty of the instruments.
I only thought about the DGT because many say it's the PRS that sounds better for a warm sound.

Last edited:
Those guitars are quite different. The DGT is incredibly versatile when you explore the volume knobs and pull for tapped tones. The DGT is a dark horse. My only misgiving is the narrower nut.

I’ve never played an ME4, but I wish I’d bought one when they were new. I hear the 53/10 pickups are cool. Never heard/played those either.

Probably this ME Quattro is in Solana Burst, what do you think about this color?
Love it! I had a DGT in that color. One of my favorites.

dsvoFn2.jpg

Back