McCarty Wood Library Demo

I dug the tune, KingsleyD. Ford & Carlton need to ditch their Dumbles and get a Tweed or two.

Thanks! FWIW on a lot of Carlton's classic studio tracks (e.g., with Joni Mitchell and Steely Dan) he was using a tweed Deluxe. Which has a lot to do with that amp's lofty reputation. And I've heard it said that the whole idea of the overdrive channel on a Dumble was to make it sound like a cranked tweed Deluxe, but louder and with tighter, more focused bass. That may be apocryphal, who knows, but there's a grain of truth in it in my experience and I'd bet that LC and RF think of it that way at least to some extent.

Also FWIW the overdriven lead guitar on that track (the one that does the solo) is through a Carol-Ann OD-3r amp and a matching cabinet with a 12-in. Jensen Blackbird alnico speaker. The crunchy guitar that comes in the second time through the melody (which is a PRS Collection Series I guitar) is through a POD HD Pro, using a blackface Deluxe + TS distortion model that I tweaked until I liked it.

Back