McCarty Treble Bleed

josh2990

Did a quick search, and maybe I missed it, but does any one know the values of the capacitors and resistors used for a treble bleed mod for a McCarty with DGT pickups?
Thanks!
Josh

They can be found on the prs website - for me the 180pf works best for my gtrs....same as what comes on a CU24

The DGT circuit includes 1.1M and 2.2M resistors on the split coils to tame the treble. The Cu24 treble bless cap, like BrianC mentioned, is 180pF but I don't mix the two. For the thicker McCarty body (like the DGT), I'd use the DGT circuit. DG spent a lot of time tweaking that sound.

The DGT circuit includes 1.1M and 2.2M resistors on the split coils to tame the treble. The Cu24 treble bless cap, like BrianC mentioned, is 180pF but I don't mix the two. For the thicker McCarty body (like the DGT), I'd use the DGT circuit. DG spent a lot of time tweaking that sound.
Looks like the newer DGT diagram no longer has the caps on the coil taps, only the .180pF on the volumes. I assume they tweaked the a out put of the tap in the new models?

Back