Martin guitar case locked. Can't get in!

This is an old thread, but all I'm going to say is; all the strat cases I used to have, I could unlock with one key. I never tried it with PRS, but I will when I'm back home in a week or so. This could be the case (pun not intended) with Marting and other brands

...it would be a joke of security if its a thing, tho

The US Army taught me that there is no problem that cannot be solved with the use of high explosives.
Also the US Army... The bigger the job, the bigger the hammer. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.
And that is why the words “Army” and “Antiquities” should not be used in the same sentence, unless it is to point out that the two entities should be kept separated (Gotta keep ‘em separated!)

First thing I do with a new guitar and case is throw the key away. I was at a guitar demo for a luthier. All the cases were locked and he forgot the key. No one had one. Took an hour to make a call to get one.

I have often wondered why they put locks on guitar cases, especially the combination locks. I have never locked a case in my life and the only time I have ever messed with one is when someone accidentally locked a guitar in the case and asked me to open it for them. Dumb idea IMO. BTW did anyone notice that this thread was probably a troll/spam thread? Look at the OP with the ad for ringtones or whatever lol.

I have often wondered why they put locks on guitar cases, especially the combination locks. I have never locked a case in my life and the only time I have ever messed with one is when someone accidentally locked a guitar in the case and asked me to open it for them. Dumb idea IMO. BTW did anyone notice that this thread was probably a troll/spam thread? Look at the OP with the ad for ringtones or whatever lol.

When I travel I usually take a guitar with me. I lock it up when I'm away from the hotel room just to be on the safe side. I also lock it up whenever I'm doing a weekend gig at some church function and I'm there the whole weekend. Yea someone could run off with the case but it does keep grubby hands off my guitars or maybe they won't steal it not knowing what's in it.

Back