Marsden tuners

SColfax

I'm looking for drop-in tuners for a Marsden SE. Kluson-style locking.

Will the TonePros fit without drilling?

Thanks in advance!

This is arriving on Friday, just ordered the TonePros locking Klusons for it:

YvuFgPd.jpg

I had a set of tone pros on my McCarty I think. Anyway, whatever they were I didn't like them snd moved them down the road.

They did drop right in without issue.

Locking tuners on all of my guitars, I just dig 'em, and I suck at doing it the old way with wrapping the string around the post.

Same with me. I find nothing wrong with normal tuners, but given the choice I always prefer locking tuners.

That's why I even changed the PRS Vintage tuners (aka Gotoh SD90) on my McRosie to locking tuners (aka Gotoh SD90 MG).

By the way I have just visited Gotoh's website and seen that there are several novelties:

There is a new back-locking variety of the SD90s called SD90 MG-T and they offer sort of an upgrade for the SD90s called Gotoh C-A-R-D, sort of a composite "inlay"(?) for increased stability.

Anybody already has experience with those?

I was wrong, I had gotoh's on my McCarty not tone pros. The gotoh tuners dropped in without mods.

Yeah it looks like the locking Gotoh's preserve the classic look on the front, and the locking TonePros preserve the classic look on the back!

I always go with Hipshot open back locking tuners with the universal Mounting Plates. It`s about 20 minutes work, and the curve of the tuning buttons matches the curve at the top of the headstock perfectly. They are also one of the last of the American made tuners. That also means something to me.

I always go with Hipshot open back locking tuners with the universal Mounting Plates. It`s about 20 minutes work, and the curve of the tuning buttons matches the curve at the top of the headstock perfectly. They are also one of the last of the American made tuners. That also means something to me.

Yes! I have Hipshots on my '93 CE and my American Standard Strat. They are awesome.

Going to try out the TonePros locking Klusons on my Marsden just to keep the classic look. Good news is that the TP's are butterscotch that matches the body and neck binding instead of that weird green.

That's one hell of a guitar for the price range your getting there.
I bought mine to mod it but I haven't touched it yet. It's that good.
One day I will ? Maybe!!!!

I picked some up as well, and after I figured out the issue with my B-String always slipping out, I'm quite happy with them. My only complaint is how short the posts are.

I agree, but the head stock angle is really good in the end. I`ve had NYXL 10-52`s on one of my guitars, and they still made it through the post holes. You may need to tighten them ever so slightly in about 2 weeks. Then they should be good to go.

I picked some up as well, and after I figured out the issue with my B-String always slipping out, I'm quite happy with them. My only complaint is how short the posts are.

I had a similar issue on my PRS CE and told Hipshot about it. They sent me 6 really thin washers which helped a lot.

I had a similar issue on my PRS CE and told Hipshot about it. They sent me 6 really thin washers which helped a lot.

Huh, never thought of that. I got a set for my project guitar too and they were longer so I just assumed PRS specs their head stocks a little thicker. I can still fit a set of 12-56 on the guitar, it just takes a little more work since the holes are right next to the tuner nut. I'll give them a shout though.

Back