Mark Tremonti guitar David Allen pickups

The Fight

Long Hair Demigod
Hey guys! So I've had my Tremonti for about two years and after long consideration i'v decided to change the pickups. I love the guitar and overall sound but have found the bridge to be way to hot. So i'v bought a set of David Allen powerage pickups. Apparently they are recreations of the early Angus Young sound found on the powerage album.
Seeing that Im not much of a metal player I thought it would be worth a shot, and this is reversible.

qjtovp5.jpg

Also coincidentally I ordered a bareknuckle mule that I'll be installing in my custom 24.
I know it's kinda alot and mby weird but given the stock pickups i think it's a good choice. Like I said I'm not much of a metal player and looking for something more classic rock.
So wish me luck and I'll be letting you guys know how it all came out. Cheers!

Hey so here is my lovely Tremonti with the David Allen powerage pickups.
I installed the pickups as soon as I woke up, cleaned the guitar and darkened the fretboard. After re-stringing the thing and ready to plug in my alarm went off for me to go to work.
Dont you hate that!
Any how played for 10 minutes and wow.
Lol sounds like acdc! I love it.
Punchy and articulated, very classic rock. I was smiling the whole time. Can't wait to come home and play.

c18WY64.jpg

Nice!

I use David's CoolCat P90s in my McCarty. Very true to a 60s P90 as opposed to a 50s P90 - more bright and barky and crunchy as opposed to smokey and bluesy. I like my treble.

Nice!

I use David's CoolCat P90s in my McCarty. Very true to a 60s P90 as opposed to a 50s P90 - more bright and barky and crunchy as opposed to smokey and bluesy. I like my treble.

Can you compare those to the P90s that come stock in PRSi?

Back