Mad Professor Sky Blue vs Simble for Dumble Tones

mflemmer2

Hey, Tag

I'm hoping you'll receive this. I've read many of your posts and watched your demos---always very informative. You seem to be one of the "go to" people for all things Dumble. Have you had a chance to actually try the Mad Professor Simble yet? I know that you had one ordered a while back, but cancelled the order because of the waiting time. If you've tried one by now, how does it compare to the older version of the Sky Blue hand wired that you like so much (the one with "BJF Design" as opposed to "Hand Wired")? Obviously, the Simble costs considerably less, but I'm only to looking to get one "Dumble in a box"---for now, at least. I've also been considering the Weehbo Dumbledore, Amplified Nation Big Bloom, and Fuchs Plush Valve Job---if you could also give me your take on these, it would be appreciated. Also, the Creation Audio Labs Holy Fire seems to come close to Dumble tones, and I have one of their Mk 4:23 clean boosts, so I know their stuff is top notch. Finally, if I can find a Sky Blue that is hand wired, and has the BJF Design designation, is that a guarantee that it WON'T be using a PCB (since I know you advise against the PCB version)? I would really appreciate your response. Sorry this so lengthy---Happy Holidays!

Mark Flemmer (in Omaha, Nebraska)

Last edited:
Hi Mark, maybe try PMing him with this question. I don't see him coming to this section of the forum very often.

Hi Mark, maybe try PMing him with this question. I don't see him coming to this section of the forum very often.

Thanks so much for the tip---this should be a no-brainer, but I can't figure out how to do that on this forum. If you could please advise---I guess I'm still in the Dark Ages with some of these forum things.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the tip---this should be a no-brainer, but I can't figure out how to do that on this forum. If you could please advise---I guess I'm still in the Dark Ages with some of these forum things.

You should be able to just click on his name on one of his posts, and one of the three choices that will appear will be "private message."

I think I figured it out---I'm guessing that his user name would go where it says "recipient users"---is that right?

Back