Les' Amps.

Oh, I’m on board… its the wife who says “you have enough.” LOL. And, she’s pretty easy to get along with, but even with stuff like the new car… I was going to buy her a Cadillac or something. She chose a Subaru Outback. She wanted something we could travel in that would last a long time and not cost a ton of money.
As small as that car is you could buy your favorite amps for less money and shape them like a car in the driveway and she would never know. ;)

I discovered Louis Electric and the Cobra is one of the greatest amps I've ever heard, but the KR is phenomenal as well, and so are some of his clean amps (Columbia, etc.) Even some cheaper amps have some raving fans... Ceriatone has some modded Marshall stuff that's great, EVH has some amps that are killing it.

For sure.

A mate of mine reckons I need a Cobra, and I'm pretty sure Lou's Columbia would work well for me too.

I briefly borrowed a Ceriatone Chupacabra and had a lot of fun with that amp. Sadly my buddy sold it before I even knew he was looking to get rid of it.... the loan should have been a clue :rolleyes:

Never tried an EVH, as I've always used my old Road King or MkIIC+ for more crunchy stuff. Maybe I should....... and there's also the new HDRX 20 to consider too.

~~~~~~~

Anyone here ever tried a Gjika? That's definitely on my list to try a) if I ever get the chance, and b) have enough pocket money lying around to make it actually happen.

Think shedloads of dosh, then double it. Maybe even triple it.

For sure.

A mate of mine reckons I need a Cobra, and I'm pretty sure Lou's Columbia would work well for me too.

I briefly borrowed a Ceriatone Chupacabra and had a lot of fun with that amp. Sadly my buddy sold it before I even knew he was looking to get rid of it.... the loan should have been a clue :rolleyes:

Never tried an EVH, as I've always used my old Road King or MkIIC+ for more crunchy stuff. Maybe I should....... and there's also the new HDRX 20 to consider too.

~~~~~~~

Anyone here ever tried a Gjika? That's definitely on my list to try a) if I ever get the chance, and b) have enough pocket money lying around to make it actually happen.

Think shedloads of dosh, then double it. Maybe even triple it.
The Louis Electric stuff is all fantastic. Every one I've heard has been absolutely STELLAR at it's thing. You guys with lots of amps really need to check them out.

Chupacabra and several other modded M' style amps they make get rave reviews and aren't expensive. Newer EVH stuff has some getting raves and affordable as well.

Me: Ever so lightly whispering in your ear…doooo it.
Are you flirting? Be careful bro, them redheads can have a temper! And I no longer have that satellite view of your back yard since the threat of her burying you there eased up a bit. :p
:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:
The Louis Electric stuff is all fantastic. Every one I've heard has been absolutely STELLAR at it's thing. You guys with lots of amps really need to check them out.

Chupacabra and several other modded M' style amps they make get rave reviews and aren't expensive. Newer EVH stuff has some getting raves and affordable as well.
I haven't had the chance to try the Louis stuff. Heard clips, of course, but I never know how an amp's going to feel with my playing and touch until I play it. With amps, at least for me, it's 'try before buy'.

It's like with Strats...I like how they sound in certain players' hands, but I just can't bond with them. I've heard some great amps played by others that I knew weren't for me after I played them. Doesn't mean they weren't great amps. Just that we all have our own peccadilloes and nits to pick with tone.

Back