Knob indicator for core models?

Julian

It's a '59 with 4 knobs
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has knob indicators on their core and which indicators do they use?

I was wondering if it was possible to put them in due to the fact that the carve for the knob is slanted and indicators are usually flat.

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has knob indicators on their core and which indicators do they use?

I was wondering if it was possible to put them in due to the fact that the carve for the knob is slanted and indicators are usually flat.

I set my guitar's controls by listening to what I'm doing, and use them while I play. But can't you just look at the knob, and see which number is facing you, thus making any adjustment in about a half second?

I set my guitar's controls by listening to what I'm doing, and use them while I play. But can't you just look at the knob, and see which number is facing you, thus making any adjustment in about a half second?

This

I have at least one guitar with no numbers on the knobs and I like to at least see when I’m full up. I take the knobs off and install them with the set screw pointed up as an indicator. Doesn’t help with not having numbers, but at least I can see full clockwise.

… I have at least one guitar with no numbers on the knobs and I like to at least see when I’m full up. I take the knobs off and install them with the set screw pointed up as an indicator. Doesn’t help with not having numbers, but at least I can see full clockwise.
Ha! I do the same exact thing with the set screws! It’s really about all you need cuz, after that, it’s all going where your ear tells you to place it anyway. And I go all over the map there.

Anyway… I have so many guitars and setting them all, say, to *5* does not always give me the same “signal strength”, etc.—based upon the electronics, the pots, etc. Not even nearly the same in some cases. Got me. Speaking strictly as an electronics newb, of course.

But PRSes have THE most predictable, consistent and useful sweep of any builder I’ve yet to experience and that’s sitting here amongst some rather lofty company besides.

Last edited:
But PRSes have THE most predictable, consistent and useful sweep of any builder I’ve yet to experience and that’s sitting amongst some rather lofty company besides.

Yes, it's amazing, because they don't make their own pots. I would guess they spec them better than most?

I use my guitar controls, and they're wonderfully interactive on a PRS. It's yet another way to get unlimited tone colors and nuance while playing.

That’s cool but I really dig the knob indicators that I put on my S2. Do the flat indicators fit on core models?

That’s cool but I really dig the knob indicators that I put on my S2. Do the flat indicators fit on core models?

This is the first time I've seen the question asked in the 20 years I've been on PRS-centric forums.

If you aren't into buying some to try, why not take one of the indicators from your S2 and see? Though as Boogie says, Stew Mac might have your answer.

The indicators that are on Gibsons, and that I've seen in the aftermarket, are inexpensive-looking stamped metal parts. Probably wouldn't cost much to buy a few.

This is the first time I've seen the question asked in the 20 years I've been on PRS-centric forums.

If you aren't into buying some to try, why not take one of the indicators from your S2 and see? Though as Boogie says, Stew Mac might have your answer.

Can’t believe I didn’t think of that sooner. Thank you

Back