Karma is a *****

AZGiant

I was looking at Toreros and found one online, great price. I went back the next day to buy it, and it was gone.

Looking at other sites, I found the same guitar (there was a mark on the headstock that matched exactly the one I was looking at). Unfortunately, the poor dude that bought it had it damaged in shipping, and is now selling it for a lot less.

Hate that it happened to him, but serves him right for buying a PRS I had my eye on lol

Axe

I was looking at Toreros and found one online, great price. I went back the next day to buy it, and it was gone.

Looking at other sites, I found the same guitar (there was a mark on the headstock that matched exactly the one I was looking at). Unfortunately, the poor dude that bought it had it damaged in shipping, and is now selling it for a lot less.

Hate that it happened to him, but serves him right for buying a PRS I had my eye on lol

Axe
I think you just conjured up some bad karma for yourself.:p:D

So you got it now, right?
Not yet. The damage is pretty bad and for some reason the previous owner drilled holes in the headstock for a different truss rod cover, Cant quite figure that out at all.

Damn, that definitely took a hard impact, that crack is deep and looks like it connects almost to where the body damage is above it. So my question to the seller would be how was it shipped, in an unpadded box with no case whatsoever? Did it not at least come with a gig bag?
Agreed man. And when I was looking at it, it was at GC (not many of those around, especially with the extra holes in the truss rod). I know they pack their stuff really good and if that was shipping damage, I would have gotten all my money back for sure. That damage had to come from a drop unless like you said, it came in a box with no packaging at all. Hence why I am not pulling the trigger on it.

Agreed man. And when I was looking at it, it was at GC (not many of those around, especially with the extra holes in the truss rod). I know they pack their stuff really good and if that was shipping damage, I would have gotten all my money back for sure. That damage had to come from a drop unless like you said, it came in a box with no packaging at all. Hence why I am not pulling the trigger on it.
Either that or someone was reliving thier 80’s rock star dream by spinning their guitar around their neck, then realizing it was a big mistake as the guitar flies off and hits a wall or the floor :p:p:p

Not yet. The damage is pretty bad and for some reason the previous owner drilled holes in the headstock for a different truss rod cover, Cant quite figure that out at all.
The Torero uses a different trus rod cover and are dang near impossible to find. I've ordered a couple listed as Torero but weren't. I finally shaved one down.

Back