Just Bought a PRS CU24 Floyd Limited...

cwgatti

...can anyone tell me the difference between all Mahogany and Korina bodies (fundamentally)?
I got the Brazilian Board/ Puaua birds...
I opted away from the \m/ pickups and went with 57/08 57/09...
It' supposedly a "Wood Library" guitar hand selected at the factory.
Any advantages/disadvantages?
Thanks in advance,
cw

...can anyone tell me the difference between all Mahogany and Korina bodies (fundamentally)?
I got the Brazilian Board/ Puaua birds...
I opted away from the \m/ pickups and went with 57/08 57/09...
It' supposedly a "Wood Library" guitar hand selected at the factory.
Any advantages/disadvantages?
Thanks in advance,
cw

Here's a decent article on tonewoods that, broadly speaking, covers the usual suspects, including korina: http://www.guitarplayer.com/miscellaneous/1139/all-about-tonewoods/14591

Thanks for sharing Les!!!!

No worries!

No disadvantages or advantages with any of this tone wood stuff. Just choices.

It's like, are you gonna use blue paint or green paint? Just an aesthetic choice, nothing more. In this case the relevant aesthetic is tone, not looks.

Last edited:
did you buy the used green one from music store live? Seems like the same specs you listed and now its no longer available. I was eyeballing that one too...

I love Korina. My experience comes from playing the all Korina "McKorina" models they made back in 2007. They were fantastic! Compared to the McCarty standard (same pickups, all mahogany body and neck), the Korina one had more attitude. Similar, but a little more zip and attack. The rebellious little brother of mahogany you could say. I think it is a great choice for Floyd Custom 24.

Back