HNGD 1957/2008 CU24

Gtrbldr

Not a new member
Well, this is a first. Me posting a HNGD, mostly because I usually have a HUGD (happy used guitar day).

Anyway, I already have some PRS guitars, but never had a CU. My stable consisted of a Korina McSoapy, core Starla and a very used, but great 1992 CE24. However, no custom and - this was a thing - no birds.

That is rectified as of today. Found a great NOS CU24, a 2009 from the 1957/2008 limit run (#337, signed by Paul). Never left the store, 10 top Quilt in stylish McCarty burst, nice paua birdies and - this came as a surprise - the beautifully voiced 57/08 PUs.

Happy camper here. And since it is definitely no Hello Kitty, some pics from the store.

prs-prs-custom-24-limited-edition.jpg

Birdies!!

Thanks everybody. I feel very lucky: it looks great, feels great, sounds terrific and got it at a very nice discount.

I actually tried a CU before, in the 00's, but that one sounded dark, closed if that makes sense and turned me away from Customs. This one sounds great and I think that has a lot to do with the 57/08 PUs. they sound stellar, the complete opposite of the one I tried before and this guitar sounds open, defined, warm yet clear.

Stunning! I have a 25th Anniversary CU24 with 57/08s in it, and it's my most loved/gigged/used/abused PRS ever! I earnestly hope you get to put as many miles on yours.

Well, apparently the distributor had it for a few years, and it sat for 6 years at the shop.

And it will be used in church next Sunday, so I guess.. ;).

Success! That is a sweet git fiddle!! I had seen it listed and drooled for a bit, left it there for ya (I knew you needed it more than I do)!!! Congrats on a great score and cheers to many more!!!!

Success! That is a sweet git fiddle!! I had seen it listed and drooled for a bit, left it there for ya (I knew you needed it more than I do)!!! Congrats on a great score and cheers to many more!!!!
Thank you very much for that ;-). Dutch by any chance? This one came from Vox Humana. There is another one listed in Germany that looks quite like it.

Thank you very much for that ;-). Dutch by any chance? This one came from Vox Humana. There is another one listed in Germany that looks quite like it.
No, not Dutch! Don't recall where I viewed it, may have been the one in Germany, but I definitely recall that top and the fact that it was an NOS!! Enjoy!!!

Back