John Mayer SE

Anyone notice that Mayer didn't have a trem bar in the guitar, and didn't talk at all about tuning stability. As much as I want to pull the trigger on one today, we're all aware of (or have experienced) the tuning stability issues with trem-equipped SE guitars, so am going to wait until the jury's out on this one. And in the other video with the 6 players, no one touched the trem. Heck, even Bryan was afraid to touch the trem in his video. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone notice that Mayer didn't have a trem bar in the guitar, and didn't talk at all about tuning stability. As much as I want to pull the trigger on one today, we're all aware of (or have experienced) the tuning stability issues with trem-equipped SE guitars, so am going to wait until the jury's out on this one. And in the other video with the 6 players, no one touched the trem.
Check out the Phil McKnight one. He tries it out. Does a few dive bombs as well.

Mayer did talk about tuning he just didn't use the trem.

Wait - does this mean I'm getting another one? :p

RPAt.gif

Not this time buddy....I still kick myself for not buying the Tungsten one that day.

Anyone notice that Mayer didn't have a trem bar in the guitar, and didn't talk at all about tuning stability. As much as I want to pull the trigger on one today, we're all aware of (or have experienced) the tuning stability issues with trem-equipped SE guitars, so am going to wait until the jury's out on this one. And in the other video with the 6 players, no one touched the trem. Heck, even Bryan was afraid to touch the trem in his video. :rolleyes:
John doesn't use the trem on his guitars. I recall him using it slightly on his Moc Sand SS during this year's Dead & Co tour for first time.

John doesn't use the trem on his guitars. I recall him using it slightly on his Moc Sand SS during this year's Dead & Co tour for first time.
There was a quote of him somewhere, saying he wouldn't even put it on there except that it was on the old strats he loved and it wouldn't sell as well without one.

Dragon Fruit inbound

Aww yeah! You were the first person I thought of when I saw that finish. Did they give you a delivery estimate yet. Like I mentioned earlier, SW said April May approximately. Worked out okay though. I can buy some other goodies while I wait. Santas b!tch a$$ forgot half the goodies on my list. The bastid!

Nah, I’m good. :p

Yeah I don't need that much shining scalp in my feed. Sorry in advance to all my other bald brethren up in here.
I'm quite interested in getting one of these in the VERY near future. I think I may be getting one in Passion Fruit.

Dragon Fruit bro...or passion fruit if your passionate about it. :D

Sorry it couldn't be helped. :p

Another great endorsement. Ok, she may not be the guitarist’s guitarist, but she does represent the ‘singer songwriter’ whose opinion is so often ignored or undervalued (IMO).

Early days, but so far no negatives for this guitar over the US version. Don’t blame you for pulling the pin and ordering one. I’m looking forward to playing one at some point (but will probably avoid it until there’s reason enough to buy another guitar, as I reckon I’d be leaving the shop with one!).

Aww yeah! You were the first person I thought of when I saw that finish. Did they give you a delivery estimate yet. Like I mentioned earlier, SW said April May approximately. Worked out okay though. I can buy some other goodies while I wait. Santas b!tch a$$ forgot half the goodies on my list. The bastid!
No idea. I was on one dealer's site that showed actual stock in every color, but I couldn't get through their check out page. If I put my phone number in the phone number box, the "Complete Order" button greyed out. If I left my phone number off the "Complete Order" box was there, but the there were no choices for shipping. Couldn't get past that so I went to another dealer. I'm not sure if he has stock, or just Pre-Order. His page did say "Shipping In January". We'll see.

Just incase anyone was curious (I've been asked quite a bit already and it's only a few hours in)

if you are comparing the PRS SE demo video to the OG SS or Maple US model demos. The in US Silver Sky videos, we were using the J-Mod100. In the SE video I'm playing through a 20W Sonzera. Even more impressive in my book.

Just incase anyone was curious (I've been asked quite a bit already and it's only a few hours in)

if you are comparing the PRS SE demo video to the OG SS or Maple US model demos. The in US Silver Sky videos, we were using the J-Mod100. In the SE video I'm playing through a 20W Sonzera. Even more impressive in my book.
Oh wow, thanks for that clarification!

OTOH, sounds like you have another couple of demos to do: SE SS through a J-MOD, and US SS through a Sonzera.

:D

I have a US SS maple FB in Midnight Rose, awesome guitar!), so I won't be jumping on one of these, but first chance I get to play one I will, and I'll be sure to recommend them to anyone looking for a more affordable but still eminently playable S-type!

Back