John Mayer SE

I ordered a Fender Player Plus strat that's shwoing up tomorrow or hte next day. Got an EXCELLENT deal on it.
I'm hoping I'll either love it or hate it enough to either keep it or grab one of these SE's. Mary Spenders video is amazing on this. Tonally, hte SE appears to be better than the core SS.
Not by a lot, but eihter way, you can't tell the difference really.

This is the one I ordered:
Fender-Player-Plus-Stratocaster-1@2160x2700.jpg

I ordered a Fender Player Plus strat that's shwoing up tomorrow or hte next day. Got an EXCELLENT deal on it.
I'm hoping I'll either love it or hate it enough to either keep it or grab one of these SE's. Mary Spenders video is amazing on this. Tonally, hte SE appears to be better than the core SS.
Not by a lot, but eihter way, you can't tell the difference really.

This is the one I ordered:
Fender-Player-Plus-Stratocaster-1@2160x2700.jpg

Can't go wrong with what you've bought!

Can’t say for sure until I get my hands and ears on one, but from the Andertons blind AB test, the SE pickups sound slightly hotter and also slightly less articulate under gain. Whether that’s good or bad is personal preference of course - they both sound great and very very close.

Well after missing the release (meetings) I followed the links one of you posted to the PRS site and started the Mayer video.

Before that ended I found myself with a delivery estimate of a SE SS Moon White on Jan 25!

Mayer looked properly blazed to me, or he had the Jim Bruer thing going.

The blazing playing though, that was the subliminal message that made me mindlessly zombie purchase this new model!

Thanks PRS and trusted forum :). Another wait begins! We may need a new thread to show our beauties.

Disclaimer:
This post is not meant to offend, antagonize or insult in any way, shape, manner or form.
I am genuinely trying to learn about something I do not "get" so I am asking respectfully.

That being said here goes...

I just do not understand what the big deal is with this guitar.

Seriously.

I'm not trolling the thread or anything like that.
I would really like to understand all the hoopla over this guitar.
What I see is an Indonesian copy of an American made imitation Fender Stratocaster.
I am obviously missing something and would like to understand what it is.
(Please and thank you included.)

Last edited:
Just incase anyone was curious (I've been asked quite a bit already and it's only a few hours in)

if you are comparing the PRS SE demo video to the OG SS or Maple US model demos. The in US Silver Sky videos, we were using the J-Mod100. In the SE video I'm playing through a 20W Sonzera. Even more impressive in my book.
That Sonzera 20W sounds great!

Back