John Mayer and PRS - again!

themike

Caught a new NY Times article this morning about my boy John and while its not about guitars, it does open with a description of a new toy of his....

Seated in a 30th-floor suite at the Carlyle hotel, John Mayer was noodling through a few riffs on a glimmering new PRS Custom 22 guitar. It looked like a work of art as much as a musical instrument, its clear yellow finish revealing wood grain as brilliant as a tiger’s stripes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/fashion/mens-style/john-mayer-watches.html

The PRS sighting captures attention, but the rest of the article is more interesting as it reflects on those who derive a sense of community by aligning themselves around ownership of certain objects. I saw some significant parallels to many of us here.

The PRS sighting captures attention, but the rest of the article is more interesting as it reflects on those who derive a sense of community by aligning themselves around ownership of certain objects. I saw some significant parallels to many of us here.

Agreed - its part of being involved in something bigger than what it is. A community, hidden within a community. I know PRS has built him a few guitars over the years and he's always loved his HB Spruce - no bells an whistles, just tone.

5880653458_2b3ca71c03_b.jpg

How about Mayer with Clapton last week...with another PRS ?!?! My boy JM is turning the "corner" ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back