John Mayer 594?

P90s

JM played an amazing 3 pick-up 594 all year with Dead & Company. Best HB guitar I've ever heard, thanks to that middle pick-up. Any rumors that this might be announced in 2020 as a core model, or even as a PS offering?

JM played an amazing 3 pick-up 594 all year with Dead & Company. Best HB guitar I've ever heard, thanks to that middle pick-up. Any rumors that this might be announced in 2020 as a core model, or even as a PS offering?
Waiting for it, but I think it's been an experimental guitar of sorts. Much like the Super Eagle was before production. He continually keeps messing with the pickups and switching, from what it appears

nice video here:
Oh yeah, I haven’t listened to the Dead and Co for months, I forgot how great John Mayer is with them. Freakin guy could make a cigar box guitar sound awesome. That 594 sounds great, I wonder what’s doing with the pups. I love his double eagles also.

Well, he played it through a Dumble ODS for the better part of the summer. Sounded far better than those little Fender combos he’s had in and out of the D&Co tour the past two years. I thought his two pickup 594, used on the 2016 and 2017 D & Co tours, (platinum finish I believe) sounded amazing on the blues tunes. Just so woody and dynamic.

Well, he played it through a Dumble ODS for the better part of the summer. Sounded far better than those little Fender combos he’s had in and out of the D&Co tour the past two years. I thought his two pickup 594, used on the 2016 and 2017 D & Co tours, (platinum finish I believe) sounded amazing on the blues tunes. Just so woody and dynamic.
I just assumed he played through his PRS J-Mod. Didn’t know he was using tweeds or even a Dumble .

I just assumed he played through his PRS J-Mod. Didn’t know he was using tweeds or even a Dumble .
He started using Alessandro modified Deluxe Reverbs on the 2018 summer tour. Gone where the JMods and Dumble through 3 4x12 cabs. Stage volume issue ? Definitely a weaker tone with the Fender combos. He had a JMod, Dumble and Two Rock head when I saw Mayer on his solo tour this past July. His tone was sublime with that trio of amps.

Anyone can buy a PS like John Mayer’s. Just go spec it.

He’s willing to part with the coin, and lots of his stuff will NEVER be a production model.

Back