Jimmy Page Introduces the Super Dragon Amp

These have been out for a few years (2019?j. Tim Pierce had a great demo

That was the combo model. This is a half stack.

temp-Image-G4x-BMs.jpg

Was just reading up on these and the By-Tor pedal yesterday. Didn’t realize they did a new run/line on the Omega/Chi amps. I predict the next pedal will be chorus/flange :)
While you’re joking, the “rack years” tones are the hardest Lifeson tones to get. It was compressed, super processed and deeply chorused by high end rack chorus. Many “purists” might say it was his worst tone, but it went great with the synths and songs of that era! But it’s tough to even approach without a refrigerator sized rack of gear.

Last edited:
For now I will stick with my Hiwatt Jimmy Page amp head.
temp-Image-BCd-Ukg.jpg
Sometime around 1987 when I played bass, I was jamming with some friends and the guitar player had a HIWATT half stack. This guy was one of the best guitar players I've ever heard anywhere and his tone was fabulous. One day he showed me what his amp was capable of and he cranked it. It was devestating!! Of what I recall it was clean with very little breakup but it could have knocked walls down. Amazing tone.

While you’re joking, the “rack years” tones are the hardest Lifeson tones to get. It was compressed, super processed and deeply chorused by high end rack chorus. Many “purists” might say it was his worst tone, but it went great with the synths and songs of that era! But it’s touch to even approach without a refrigerator sized rack of gear.
Most definitely! I use on my Kemper the Big Hairy Profiles Gallien-Krueger GK250 profile pack with some dialed in Lifeson tones from the Power Windows era and they sound pretty darn good (to my damaged ears anyway). I tend to use BHP profiles the majority of the time.

Back