I've Achieved Nirvana.

I've had a bike on Watkins Glen, VIR, Barber each of which I liked enough to go back to. Also time on Pocono inside track and one of the Summit Point tracks which served their purpose but weren't interesting enough to return to.

I've been a le Circuit (north of Montreal and a 60s F1 course) and the F1/MotoGP course at Indy.

You also get my "Balls To The Wall Award," then, Veinbuster. Gotta admire your luck and skills at doing that.

I'm a better guitar player than I was a car racer, and if you know my guitar playing, that isn't saying much about my car racing skills.

Really, I did the racing because I liked the camaraderie, the fun, the cars, etc. But I wasn't very competitive.

But I wasn't very competitive.
I never really cared about the competition. I really enjoyed getting into the rhythm of the track. I was looking for the perfect lap, which for me meant getting each corner right.
I felt a bit the same about playing with a band, though it hadn't struck me until now - I wanted to be spot on all of the changes. If I got that right, the song as a whole should hold up.

I forgot about that one. Nice fast course, at least once you get a reference for the blind uphill on the back.

And that blind uphill scared the living bejeezus out of me! Seems like there was a big bump, too, and you had to turn pretty much feeling like you were in mid-air coming off the bump.

It's been a while, but that's what I remember...

Last edited:
I've had a bike on Watkins Glen, VIR, Barber each of which I liked enough to go back to. Also time on Pocono inside track and one of the Summit Point tracks which served their purpose but weren't interesting enough to return to.

I've been a le Circuit (north of Montreal and a 60s F1 course) and the F1/MotoGP course at Indy.

Watkins Glen?!?!? You're not a fan of run off!!!

VIR was my favorite, and I raced Daytona, Carolina Motorsports, Road Atlanta (before the new final turn), Summit Point, NJ Motorsports (Thunderbolt and Lightning courses), and New Hampshire International. I always wanted to go to Barber. :(

Watkins Glen?!?!? You're not a fan of run off!!!

VIR was my favorite, and I raced Daytona, Carolina Motorsports, Road Atlanta (before the new final turn), Summit Point, NJ Motorsports (Thunderbolt and Lightning courses), and New Hampshire International. I always wanted to go to Barber. :(
I love Watkins Glen. I was warned that the walls would be intimidating, but I didn't find I really noticed them while on the bike. I find it a good early season practice track.

Barber is fantastic. I found it a bit more demanding mentally than VIR.

Back