Interesting Gig

IKnowALittle

I got a call this morning from a friend who has a regular Wednesday nite gig. their guitarist/lead vocalist was under the weather with a really bad cold, to sit in. These guys play country folk, country rock, old Dylan, Eagles, Burrito Bros, Commander Cody, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Neil Young, CSNY ... can't name them all ... right in my "powerband".

So I got to play/sing some songs that I really like.
The first was "Words" by the BeeGees ... I think Maurice sang that song and a tribute from Steve Miller.
Second was "God Blessed Texas" ... won't comment on the "God" part, but it's a fabulous song. And, they are the best looking band that I've ever seen. Check it out ...

Third was "Girl From The North Country". We did kind of a blend between Dylan and Danny Bryant.

I've been gigging for 30 years. I've played and sang, hundreds, maybe thousands of songs, but never this one.
Made my hair stand on end and sent chills down my spine and thru body ... "For What It's Worth".
Unfortunately, nothing has changed, actually gotten worse.

I've been gigging for 30 years. I've played and sang, hundreds, maybe thousands of songs, but never this one.
Made my hair stand on end and sent chills down my spine and thru body ... "For What It's Worth".
Unfortunately, nothing has changed, actually gotten worse.

My band covered that tune a very long time ago...1960s. It does send a chill, very cool song.

Back