INCOMING NGD! Updated with Better pics....

Killer top and there's that beautiful blue again! Love it with the maple neck and board...enjoy her!!!

Thanks guys! I think it is Whale Blue, that's what they called it anyway... But I'm stoked about the natural back, I sold my last Whale Blue P22 because it had the black back and I just don't like painted backs on guitars. I hope it will be here Friday, but I'm expecting Monday, really.

I realized that when I saved the pics off of the GC website, it was almost as if they were still downloading, even though they looked fine when I saved them... Fortunately, I also saved a couple to my phone before they took the listing down, so I uploaded those and replaced the old ones. Just in case no one realized it, it also has a flamed maple neck, I just didn't get a good pic of that...

That second picture looks great. Even though I'm seeing it in 2D, I get a sense of the look of depth in that top. Awesome! :cool:

I just uploaded some more pics from their website, I was able to track it down from the history on my phone... Looks like the back of the headstock is signed by Mr. PRS himself the best I can tell!

Dang. If I had seen that before you, it might be shipping to me instead! That is beautiful!

Dibs if you ever look to unload it!

I just uploaded some more pics from their website, I was able to track it down from the history on my phone... Looks like the back of the headstock is signed by Mr. PRS himself the best I can tell!

Man, that back is hot!

I realized that when I saved the pics off of the GC website, it was almost as if they were still downloading, even though they looked fine when I saved them... Fortunately, I also saved a couple to my phone before they took the listing down, so I uploaded those and replaced the old ones. Just in case no one realized it, it also has a flamed maple neck, I just didn't get a good pic of that...

Here you go...
(Edit: Doh, too late!)

m5adYGF.jpg

mDGITXr.jpg

BHRoyJI.jpg

irTQq3J.jpg

I hope this will be a keeper. I trade and sell a lot of guitars because many just don't feel right. I hope this will make it to my "never sell" stash that includes my '17 LP Traditional HP, '14 CU24 10-Top, and my lowly Dean Hardtail...

Excellent choice!! Normally whale blue has a blue back. This looks to be a natural back. Whatever the color is, it looks very nice!!
That quilt looks mazing as well!

Whale Blue = black back, natural binding, cream plastics
Royal Blue = blue back, stained binding, black plastics

This comes directly from our resident Blue Expert, Serge. :D

Whale Blue = black back, natural binding, cream plastics
Royal Blue = blue back, stained binding, black plastics

This comes directly from our resident Blue Expert, Serge. :D

Right, and I've only ever seen Faded Whale Blue with a natural back... The specs on the website don't even say that normal Whale Blue is even available with a natural back even with the Artist Package... So I'm really confused, unless it was a one-off dealer special of some kind. I'll know more once it arrives (hopefully).

edit: I stand corrected, I found the 2012 Artist price list, and Whale Blue with a natural back was an option back then... So I guess this is Whale Blue...

Last edited:
Wow you have a whole load of “woody goodness” going on here!

I don’t know what I would do, spend more time gazing adoringly at, the quilt in that top is outstanding, the body is so unique, with that lovely pattern and the flamed neck is good enough to eat!

I especially love the anomaly just below the back of the headstock, it’s what makes wood so great, no two pieces are identical!

May you enjoy this beautiful piece of instrumental art for many years!:D

Last edited:
WOW! Not only beautiful, but you can really have some fun with the dual output A/E guitars. Congrats!

I hope this will be a keeper. I trade and sell a lot of guitars because many just don't feel right. I hope this will make it to my "never sell" stash that includes my '17 LP Traditional HP, '14 CU24 10-Top, and my lowly Dean Hardtail...

Well, if it doesn’t feel right, hit me up. :D Looks absolutely beautiful! Can’t wait to get the full report when it arrives. Enjoy!

Back