I can’t afford it right now, maybe you can!

Don’t Fear The Dragon :eek:

But, for those who like a less histrionic presentation, but something still distinctly classic PRS, with a nice amp stuffed inside, still under $2K, there’s this HXDA:

BxRFiwz.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/29630045-prs-hxda-30-watt-2x12-combo-2012-paisley

Last edited:
Every time I think of the custom vans of the 70s, this tune comes to mind...
I’m here to tell you, as a kid who grew up through the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s, I wouldn’t trade those times for anything. Music was just music, and we lived our lives to a constantly changing soundtrack. Very sweet memories, so any references to things of that era are only going to bring a big smile to my face.

love the ‘70s but how was that one alabama guy not bothered by watergate??

I’m here to tell you, as a kid who grew up through the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s, I wouldn’t trade those times for anything. Music was just music, and we lived our lives to a constantly changing soundtrack. Very sweet memories, so any references to things of that era are only going to bring a big smile to my face.

I have a friend who's somewhat embarrassed to admit he grew up in the 70s because of so much of the so-called cheesy music of the decade - this song included. Not me - I love it. Even the cheesy stuff. Especially this song - I not only dig the story (like that wasn't a fantasy back then!), but that acoustic guitar part! I never learned the whole song, but I sure as hell learned that bit. (Also once used Sammy Johns as a reference in a pretty distasteful story written around inside jokes at a store I worked at. Still makes me chuckle - and my buddy remembers it 40 years later. But I'm digressing...)

I've long held the idea that there are no guilty pleasures - you like what you like and there's no need to feel guilty about it. I've been picking up some compilations called Hard To Find 45s - some great stuff there. I'd love to have a jukebox for all my old 45s. To have that in the dining room - heaven.

Oh, and that friend I mentioned at the beginning? Back in 1993, the two of us and another friend went on a day-long hockey marathon - drive to Cleveland in the morning for an afternoon Lumberjacks game, then drove to Erie for another game that night, then 2+ hours home. I made two one-hour tapes (which I still have) of the cheesiest 70s music in my collection. And cleaned all other music out of the car. That's all he had to listen to for about 7 or 8 hours in the car that day. (That's the same guy to whom I sent a scheduled a voicemail of the chorus of Sheena Easton's "Morning Train". Every day. For almost 3 years. He had to get telecomm to threaten to take away my voicemail before I deleted it.)

oh yeah, I remember that song, and the murals on vans, and what happened in those vans. And yes, those were the days. Not a care in the world. No responsibility, just run and gun and have fun.

I have a friend who's somewhat embarrassed to admit he grew up in the 70s because of so much of the so-called cheesy music of the decade - this song included. Not me - I love it. Even the cheesy stuff. Especially this song - I not only dig the story (like that wasn't a fantasy back then!), but that acoustic guitar part! I never learned the whole song, but I sure as hell learned that bit. (Also once used Sammy Johns as a reference in a pretty distasteful story written around inside jokes at a store I worked at. Still makes me chuckle - and my buddy remembers it 40 years later. But I'm digressing...)

I've long held the idea that there are no guilty pleasures - you like what you like and there's no need to feel guilty about it. I've been picking up some compilations called Hard To Find 45s - some great stuff there. I'd love to have a jukebox for all my old 45s. To have that in the dining room - heaven.

Oh, and that friend I mentioned at the beginning? Back in 1993, the two of us and another friend went on a day-long hockey marathon - drive to Cleveland in the morning for an afternoon Lumberjacks game, then drove to Erie for another game that night, then 2+ hours home. I made two one-hour tapes (which I still have) of the cheesiest 70s music in my collection. And cleaned all other music out of the car. That's all he had to listen to for about 7 or 8 hours in the car that day. (That's the same guy to whom I sent a scheduled a voicemail of the chorus of Sheena Easton's "Morning Train". Every day. For almost 3 years. He had to get telecomm to threaten to take away my voicemail before I deleted it.)
That’s real life right there. And you are spot on with the “no guilty pleasures!” Why waste your moments on the approval of others? Give me someone who laughs often, and at themselves too, any day. I’ll take that girl, that amp, and a bucket full of incredibly sweet memories of friends, loves, and hours blown on actually participating in living every time. I love tech, and the cool stuff we have today, but I don’t think I’d be blown away by it if I hadn’t played in bands with one Crown DC300 power amp, a 6 channel rotary dial mixer, two home-made PA cabs, and no monitors. I thought a Shure Vocal Master was uptown! I mean, really... it had reverb!

Life was great then. And I believe that’s a lot of the reason I think life is great now. And that makes me believe the best is still coming. Blessed every day.

Last edited:
As over the top as it looks, it's nice in its own way to see some more PRS amps going off the beaten path so to speak regarding cosmetics. Personally, I like seeing them go above and beyond the ubiquitous black bronco tolex and aluminum panels.

As over the top as it looks, it's nice in its own way to see some more PRS amps going off the beaten path so to speak regarding cosmetics. Personally, I like seeing them go above and beyond the ubiquitous black bronco tolex and aluminum panels.
Listen, y’all, I heard the same “it looks like my grandma’s rocking chair” comments about the hardwood and woven grills on the now-classic and collectible 70s Boogies. You want to get people’s panties in a wad? Change something. Do something off the path beaten flat by sheeple. Need a current forum-proper example? The Silver Sky.

I say like what you like and if others make fun of it, revel in the knowledge you’re in very good company. It doesn’t make you right or them wrong, but some pretty incredible people have blazed some monumental paths with giggles trailing behind them. You be you. I’ll be me.

The only down side to me being me is that I have my checking balance and a strong aversion to debt. So, no dragon today. But, I’m still scheming...

Listen, y’all, I heard the same “it looks like my grandma’s rocking chair” comments about the hardwood and woven grills on the now-classic and collectible 70s Boogies. You want to get people’s panties in a wad? Change something. Do something off the path beaten flat by sheeple. Need a current forum-proper example? The Silver Sky.

I say like what you like and if others make fun of it, revel in the knowledge you’re in very good company. It doesn’t make you right or them wrong, but some pretty incredible people have blazed some monumental paths with giggles trailing behind them. You be you. I’ll be me.

The only down side to me being me is that I have my checking balance and a strong aversion to debt. So, no dragon today. But, I’m still scheming...
This makes 17 yr old me want to empty my bank account!

Right now 17 year old me and now-year-old me have two things in common:

* Obsession with guitars
* Playing Dungeons & Dragons

... just sayin'...

Back