How I Spent My Weekend

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
This was in town...

Arena.jpg

Two games on Thursday, the championship was tonight. I kept telling my son that there just seemed to be something magical about Yale this year, and sure enough, they went through two of the best goalies in the NCAA this year and won it all this year. This was our third time at the Frozen Four (Columbus and Detroit before this), so it was especially nice not to face a 4-5 hour drive home.

As good as NHL hockey is, the atmosphere at the Frozen Four is really cool, There are rivalries, but they never seem to get nasty. After Yale got a 2-0 lead tonight, their student section started chanting - "Bro-ken heart-ed!" In their game Thursday, St. Cloud State's goalie gave up a weak goal to Quinnipiac, and the QU student section chanted "Bad goalie! Bad goalie! It's all your fault - all your fault - all your fault!" And that was the only time they used it, on the weak goal.

The coolest part of the weekend? Friday, we got to do this...

CenterIce01.jpg

BenchEric01.jpg

both.jpg

Next year....Philly!

We talked about going to the World Juniors when they were in Buffalo, but it was too much of a time commitment. There's been talk of having it here, but very preliminary. I did see in the paper today that they want to bring the Frozen Four back.

And Les - my wife says my son acts too much like me (despite me trying to break him of some of those things), but I wasn't cute even at that age. I was thin, though - thin enough that when a former co-worker of mine saw a picture of me from around that age, he said, "Where the hell's the rest of you?"

I hope you are treating Iginla well in Pittsburgh! We dearly miss him here in Calgary, however the Pens have huge support from Calgary, myself included.

Thanks - I realized I forgot to post one of the pics, so I'm rectumfying that now - I've made an edited portion of it my avatar.

whee2.jpg

Last edited:
Back