How do you feel about Icebergs?

Lettuce know every step of the way!

Viper Doc's a lad with a knack for dressing a guitar.

Give me your address so I can send you that rubber chicken you've always wanted. If I didn't know any better, I'da thought you were Joe King.

All things being honest, I'm second-guessing how the Iceberg's pale section will react with the redder-wet look you see on the top. The curl is just out of this world, but it reddens up to the point I think I might be on the wrong side of the color wheel. Brian (Brian's Guitars), any advice, my brother???

All things being honest, I'm second-guessing how the Iceberg's pale section will react with the redder-wet look you see on the top. The curl is just out of this world, but it reddens up to the point I think I might be on the wrong side of the color wheel. Brian (Brian's Guitars), any advice, my brother???

Hmm, from that one pic it doesn't look TOO dark/red/golden to me but it's hard to tell. Got another pic or two?

No, unfortunately. The maple is sprayed down mostly except for the left side where it's drier and therefore lighter. I'm suspicious that a pale blue stain on a red-wet grain will appear green or brownish.

No, unfortunately. The maple is sprayed down mostly except for the left side where it's drier and therefore lighter. I'm suspicious that a pale blue stain on a red-wet grain will appear green or brownish.

Based on that picture alone - I probably wouldnt worry about it. The unsprayed part looks nice and light and I dont see any vertical streaks or discoloration that would need to be covered up.
Also, great top for a Dragons Breath style...the way it changes to the smaller quilt bubbles on the edges should outline that nicely. Nice pick!!

Give me your address so I can send you that rubber chicken you've always wanted. If I didn't know any better, I'da thought you were Joe King.

It's not her chicken I was thinking of rubbin'.

Come to think of it, it probably won't even be her that I end up rubbin'.

Anxious to see how this one turns out. Looks like it should be a beaut!

Iceberg Crossfade debuted in PSF a few weekends ago, and it looks KILLER.

psf58-1000-25-jpg.3876

Look for an Iceberg Dragon's Breath some day in the future... Should be BANGIN.

My neck showed up also, this weekend. What a sensational header bird, OMG. Look at how the bird's head looks like MOP, almost like a bald eagle. What a nice job these guys do. And the purfling is just....sexy, dude. ROCKIN'!

ps60-1000-5-jpg.3905

ps60-1000-8-jpg.3908

Is the pale side color natural? I envisioned the same color scheme last year, except the pale section I will shoot for is white wash or white tiger. Seemed more icy and frosty that way. I plan to ask that they call it Abominable Snow Dragons Breath. By all means do consider a change if the pale section is natural and you are unsure. Maybe go with white wash or white tiger. Regardless, you have a awesome axe on the way. Congratulations!

Hold on what do you mean neck showed up? Is that for a CE ?

No, it's going to be a DGT Semi-hollow body with a set neck. Other than the bolt-on CE, all PRS necks are made separately and then glued or "set" into the neck pocket. I've never seen a neck-through constructed PRS....

Is the pale side color natural? I envisioned the same color scheme last year, except the pale section I will shoot for is white wash or white tiger. Seemed more icy and frosty that way. I plan to ask that they call it Abominable Snow Dragons Breath. By all means do consider a change if the pale section is natural and you are unsure. Maybe go with white wash or white tiger. Regardless, you have a awesome axe on the way. Congratulations!

Killer name. You might also consider Abominable Snow Glow Dragon's Breath Yeti Burst.

Yes, the paler section is natural which relies on the color of the wood you select. Mine will have more of a natural patch than a huge section, and the other specs I've chosen will balance perfectly with the natural light section. That said, the white wash Iceberg fade sounds great, I'd love to see a sample of that. The trouble with white wash and White Tiger is controlling the opacity of the white. There's no such thing as a white dye, so if you're going to fade to white, and you choose to do that by fading the white to nothing on the dark side, you're going to end up with TWO whites--the opaque white, and the white of your wood. Of course, the dark side would be mostly covered with dye, but the highlight would now be defined by the wood white and not the white side pigment. If you make a sample, post it. I'd love to see it!

No, it's going to be a DGT Semi-hollow body with a set neck. Other than the bolt-on CE, all PRS necks are made separately and then glued or "set" into the neck pocket. I've never seen a neck-through constructed PRS....
Oh I'm Sry mate! I think I confused you for some one eles. There was someone who had a gold leaf ce body and I can't remember who it was.

So I was innocently walking through, you know, the PRS factory at some event they were having and I ran into this guy, Dave.

IMG_0012.jpg

Behind him was the second of two 8-strings PRS has ever made, this one intended for Mark Holcomb. I have no idea how it's not presently in the drool-removal department of the PTC. UNBELIEVABLE AXE. Dave, in true PRS old reliable form, was a faking bada$$. He gave me a closeup look.

So I asked him if he'd seen any ICEBERGS, and he said he was about to do one. I told him who I was and he offered to preview it in the white from the secret cave where no one walks but the Hallowed Color Master. He emerged with my mid-build PS DGT SH.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

I saw so many incredible guitars over the weekend, I never thought I'd be able to see this. Dave, you are a stellar gent. Thanks for the killer preview. I mean, is this quilt RIDICULOUS OR WHAT?????

I heard rumor of a color approval picture after it's stained. ... I wonder when we'll see that....

Back