Hollowbody bridge

MacFever

Hi,
I have a Hollowbody II that I like very much BUT I cant get the intonation right with the fixed bridge
Is there another bridge I can put in that allows a separate intonation screw per string (like a strat)
I dont want to make the change irreversable so the bridge would have to fit the existing holes in the body
Thanks a lot for helping me out of my PRS ignorance
Eric

I don't think anyone has done a properly controlled comparison, and "better" is subjective, but every report from someone who has installed one has been positive.

I'm yet to install mine... :oops:

Do I need the PRS Core (US) or PRS S2 SE (metric) ?
Un slotted or pre slotted ?

Will Stoptail Stud Well removal & installtion be necessary and if so are the parts included ?

I tried to order one on the website but shipping is almost $50 (I dont want express shipping) and I cant pay with Paypal or wired transfer
I never give out my credit card details on the internet (even secured) ...

for banking......get a vpn, privateinternetaccess is cheap and good, or tunnelbear

or you could always call him with your details, its a reputable established company

I tried to order one on the website but shipping is almost $50 (I dont want express shipping) and I cant pay with Paypal or wired transfer
I don't quite understand this logic, which I see from folks every now and then: if you give your card to the wait-staff at a restaurant, or the cashier at a store, it is less secure than most on-line transactions.

Anyway...John Mann used to supply PRS with bridges, so have no doubt his designs are just as good as anything else PRS can offer. If I wanted to swap a bridge he would be the first place I would look.

I don't think anyone has done a properly controlled comparison, and "better" is subjective, but every report from someone who has installed one has been positive.

I'm yet to install mine... :oops:

I replaced the PRS adjustable with the Mann and I like the Mann better. Better frequency balance and note separation. Not night and day, but the Mann is every bit as well made for a good bit less money.

Hi,
I have a Hollowbody II that I like very much BUT I cant get the intonation right with the fixed bridge
Is there another bridge I can put in that allows a separate intonation screw per string (like a strat)
I dont want to make the change irreversable so the bridge would have to fit the existing holes in the body
Thanks a lot for helping me out of my PRS ignorance
Eric
I can only speak from my personal experience and since I only have a Paul's guitar that has the fixed bridge, I must say that I have no intonation problems at all once I located the 2 little screws on the bridge and tweaked them just a little bit. My intonation is spot on with that particular setup. After saying that, I cannot disagree that the Mann bridge isn't better, so if you feel the need to have the individual string adjustment, I would go along with the consensus and say, "Go for it!"

Thanks everyone for the good advice
I ordered a bridge from Mr Mann, payed with Paypal and had the bridge sent to a friend of mine who lives in the USA
He will bring it over during his next visit :)
So it will take a month or two before I can comment on the changes
I do have intonation problems while chording high up the neck and yes my guitar has been set up by a highly respected luthier ...

Thanks everyone for the good advice
I ordered a bridge from Mr Mann, payed with Paypal and had the bridge sent to a friend of mine who lives in the USA
He will bring it over during his next visit :)
So it will take a month or two before I can comment on the changes
I do have intonation problems while chording high up the neck and yes my guitar has been set up by a highly respected luthier ...

What string gauge and tuning are you using? If properly set up with a typical string set (unwound G), you shouldn't have that problem.

I am using standard tuning or sometimes Eb (for those SRV of Hendrix songs ;-) and I use 10's on my electrics
I have the same problem with one of my Nik Huber's that uses the same bridge ...
I also think that it depends what one is playing : licks and solo's are Ok but for chording the intonation has to be spot on

CALL us direct at 603-488-1912. We will help make your transaction as painless as possible.
Ask for Roxanne or myself (John).

We do offer other (less expensive) shipping alternatives, but they are less reliable than FedEx.
We accept credit cards, paypal, wire transfer, us money orders, guitars, amps, cool pedals ;-)

Back