Hollowbody 2 VS 25th Anny Hollowbody 2 w/ Center Block

As everyone else has said, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think your idea with the footprints will look spectacular, once the PS team get a chance to talk it over.

I also recall reading about the design of the HB changing for a "more solid" center block for the 25th anniv model, but I was also unclear as to what that exactly meant. Shawn's pics help tremendously.

Nonetheless, I do wonder about what I see in Google searches: the phrase or title "2010 HOLLOWBODY II CB 25TH ANNIVERSARY", usually accompanied by a description saying it is a HB with a 335-like Center Block.

If this is the same as the current build, is it just a case that PRS dropped the "CB" part of the name, or perhaps never even officially used it? Wait, I found a link to a Japanese "version" of the PRS website (I assume this is official?), and it states "CB":

http://www.prsguitars.jp/25thhollowbody2cb/specs.html

Any clarification on this topic, Shawn or anyone else?

My deepest condolences. Have you thought about fingerboard inlays of her footprints? It might be nice to have them on show and make them part of your playing.

My deepest condolences. Have you thought about fingerboard inlays of her footprints? It might be nice to have them on show and make them part of your playing.

Thanks man! I did think about that, but I think that may become cumbersome in reminding everyone what my family has gone through? What do you think?

My band is extremely fortunate to have arranged an exclusive contract at our favorite venue, and we have a large "following" that we basically consider family that have attended the shows for years. Because we have such a close relationship with all of the people, they're mostly aware of what has happened, and I don't know that they would want to be reminded of such a somber event when we're all trying to enjoy the shows together. It's different for me; the guitar won't remind me of the sadness as much as it will be a way to heal and share the things I wanted to share with her as she grew up. I play music almost every night with my 2 year old son (he's a drummer!) and I was so looking forward to seeing if music would be a part of my daughter's life!

I think I'd rather everyone else kinda move on and enjoy our shows, rather than constantly see how a piece of me is missing. I could be wrong though! It sure wouldn't be the first time... :)

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your idea sounds beautiful. If it's not too personal I hope you come here and share some pics when it's done.

Thanks Rob, and everyone else who has posted their condolences!

I would LOVE to share pictures when it is finished! I was supposed to go to the first ordering meeting today, but it was snowing until about an hour ago.

It's a tough one to answer. I can understand what you mean. I just thought that having her footprints on the fingerboard, not as markers but full size, would be a nice reminder of her. I suppose having them on the back is more discreet, which might be better in some ways. However, I know that in time things heal, and reminders of lost loved ones become more a reminder of their lives than their passing. Perhaps now is just too soon. Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you'll be happy with it and treasure it.

Back