Highly Technical Question

G-Man

Made you look!....I bought two Levi's straps and am having a real time fitting them over the strap buttons on my two core models. Did I buy the wrong straps? I know there is no such thing as a dumb question but I may be close....

Thank you! I found these two straps that match the colors of my guitars almost exactly on Amazon and used points. Always have had cheapie's and small F guy buttons on my previous guitars.

P.S. Fellow CT resident! I'm from Shelton. Valley jokes need not apply!

If you make the slit on the button hole exactly an inch in length, it goes on very easily.

This is the button slit length my old PRS straps came with from the factory store, and I've since had all my straps' buttonholes made to that length. But if you buy a strap with a shorter buttonhole slit, an Xacto works great.

I usually unscrew the strap buttons, feed them through the hole from the other side, then screw them back on, but on the thicker straps, they don't always fit back in the case, being the only downside.

I had my PRS strap the most expensive one for more than 2 years now and altough
i tried to slit the opening with an exacto knife but still can't fit properly. it seems the stitched lining
is a bit thick with the leather and I don't want to ruin it by widening it too far.

I know. Rookie mistake. My wife commented that I did look like a monkey trying to "Fender" a football getting the strap on the CE 24 and went to confession for me based on the four letter words spewed from my pie hole. Whole new world for me but I'm sure you guys will whip me into shape :)

The old 80s Ibanez "wing" strap buttons are even worse! I remember chewing up my super-awesome Earth III Lightning Bolt strap with some of my dad's tools so I could get the &^(%(_^$&%#& thing on.

But yeah, +1 on what DreamTheaterRules said. :)

I actually bought a black leather PRS birds strap the other day thinking it would be a perfect match/fit.
Disappointed to find once i got it on over the strap buttons it could quite easily come off the top button, wasn't a tight fit at all.

Stuck some old faithful Dunlop straplocks on instead.

I guess I'm not that crazy after all. Got one strap on the 24 and the rear strap button came loose. The good thing i also discovered is that the strap button screw in the back is about 2 1/2 inches long so there is not much chance of it backing out and an accident. Going to get out the x-acto knife over the weekend. Got to put the boat away first.

I usually ignore the strap button and just use a couple nails.

Some people prefer strap on action to getting nailed.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And still others prefer neither strap on action or getting nailed.

Those people own banjos.

Back