Hi everyone.

Spider1967

Hi everyone, after 29 years of owning a PRS Custom 24 ten top with birds I finally join this forum to mostly share my absolute joy of having it refretted with stainless steel frets by a master luthier in Leeds and I couldn’t be happier with the job he did. I used to avoid playing it too much as I always felt like I was damaging the frets and after buying a guitar neck for my Strat that had stainless steel frets about 10 years ago I knew I was going to have this material applied to the old girl at some point and Wow this is so good that I would never sell it ever, it is now the best guitar I have ever played in 42 years of playing. Thanks for hearing me out. SD

Yes, the Custom 24 is quite the formidable bit of kit - mine's one of the few things I play that wasn't built here at Wyzarding Central.

You should hear it through a Two Rock..... (you can back me up here Les ;)).

Welcome!

Stainless frets are great-- that's the direction I'll go years from now when my DGT is due for a re-fret :D

Love reading about folks who keep their guitars for years & years, modifying them along the way to better fit their needs~

BTW, isn't there something in the forum rules that states, "photo evidence required"?

~M

I would love to share the photos as I asked the luthier to take pictures at prominent moments but I looked at a thread that explains how to upload photos on this site and its not easy especially because I am using an iPad and I am not very savvy at computer tech. So is there an easier way that doesn’t require me to have some sort of photo booth app?

Welcome!

Stainless frets are great-- that's the direction I'll go years from now when my DGT is due for a re-fret :D

Love reading about folks who keep their guitars for years & years, modifying them along the way to better fit their needs~

BTW, isn't there something in the forum rules that states, "photo evidence required"?

~M
How about I email the photos to you and you post the pictures?

I would love to share the photos as I asked the luthier to take pictures at prominent moments but I looked at a thread that explains how to upload photos on this site and its not easy especially because I am using an iPad and I am not very savvy at computer tech. So is there an easier way that doesn’t require me to have some sort of photo booth app?
I do almost all of my posting from an iPad and I’m basically a caveman when it comes to computing.
I use https://postimages.org/ to host my pics. No muss, no fuss.

Welcome along!
I will say that (for me anyway) the CU24 is still probably "the" quintessential PRS guitar. Kind of the benchmark for all others that come along. Moving to SS frets is sort of a natural progression in the longevity of any guitar I reckon. Well played sir.

Welcome to the Enablers Club! Whatcha GASing for???
I would love to get the latest axe/fx as I bought the Ultra about 11-12 years ago and still love it but I realise that the latest iteration is better in every regard. I don’t want another guitar as I am well served in that regard. Thanks for the reply SD

Welcome along!
I will say that (for me anyway) the CU24 is still probably "the" quintessential PRS guitar. Kind of the benchmark for all others that come along. Moving to SS frets is sort of a natural progression in the longevity of any guitar I reckon. Well played sir.
Thanks and after getting a warmoth neck for my Strat that had stainless steel frets about 11 years ago I knew I would never go back to nickel silver as this guitar gets the most amount of abuse and still the frets are very nearly like new with no fret dressing needed whereas all guitars before this time needed fret dressing after 2-3 years regularly and the frets get smaller,but the best manufacture of these frets is Jescar. Thanks for your reply SD

Back