Help with 2010 Hollowbody II color name

John in Utah

Hi everybody. This is my first post. I just bought a used PRS HB II with 10 top maple. Per the serial number it was built in 2010 and the head stock has the 25th anniversary eagle. I have been told the color is whale blue but when I looked it up in a guitar blue book, whale blue was not listed as colors for that year. Sapphire is listed. What is the correct color name????

I don't know the answer to your question on whether Whale Blue was offered in 2010....perhaps a custom build (Wood Library run) would have been offered. Pictures may be helpful as well.

If you remove the bridge pickup, the color is usually written in the cavity. If you don't feel like removing the strings and pickup, your best bet is to just email the serial number to PRS and they can provide all the details of that specific guitar.

[email protected]

Hope that helps.

I have a 25th Anniversary Hollow Body that is sapphire blue. They did a couple of models in that colour for the anniversary - excellent chance yours is one of them.
CK_116SapphireHollowbody.JPG

Hi everybody. This is my first post. I just bought a used PRS HB II with 10 top maple. Per the serial number it was built in 2010 and the head stock has the 25th anniversary eagle. I have been told the color is whale blue but when I looked it up in a guitar blue book, whale blue was not listed as colors for that year. Sapphire is listed. What is the correct color name????

Welcome! Congrats on the HBII. If it has the original case, there should be a barcode like sticker on one end of it. That's called the MODCAT. Take the alpha-numerics from there and enter them here:

http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

I don't know the answer to your question on whether Whale Blue was offered in 2010....perhaps a custom build (Wood Library run) would have been offered. Pictures may be helpful as well.

If you remove the bridge pickup, the color is usually written in the cavity. If you don't feel like removing the strings and pickup, your best bet is to just email the serial number to PRS and they can provide all the details of that specific guitar.

[email protected]

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much. The next time I change strings I will have a look. Great answer.

John in Utah, to post pictures you need upload the photo to somewhere like Flickr or Imgur, then copy the direct link ("BBCode Link" sometimes called) and paste that here using the Image icon in the tool bar above (just left of the icon that looks like film).

That is a link to the page, not the image. Let's try this:

INpwsdk.jpg

There we are! very nice!

(You need to open the image, right click, Copy Image address, then paste that into the Image po-up for posting here.)

I find it easier -- after uploading it to a hosting site like imgur -- to just right click -> Copy Image, and then paste it here in the reply box. Doesn't work with all sites (Photobucket, email), but it does work for Imgur.

PS That's gorgeous! It's like a dark teal (or is that my monitor?).

Dusty Chalk, Your monitor is right on. Dark teal is very close to a correct description. Depending on your eyesight, I see a little more teal green and the wife sees a little more blue, both being very dark.
Thanks to shinksma for how to details on posting the photos.

Back