Help identifying new guitar please.

J.P.

Hi, I bought my first (pre-owned) PRS a couple of days ago. It was advertised as "American PRS CE Black Satin Nitro Finish 85/15 Pickups Limited Edition"

The model I thought it was turns out to have different pickups and a maple top, whereas mine is a single piece body - it looks identical to this one:

So do I have a CE24 Standard? A CE24 Standard Limited? (which doesn't make sense as a name, but never mind). I'd never heard of CE24 Standard until today, does it mean it has CE24 hardware with a solid mahogany body?

Many thanks in advance for your insight :)

Thanks again @bodia. I'm in the UK, I've found this this dealer page which suggests that there were also only 25 of each colour available in Europe... sounds plausible I guess.

Cheers! JP.

Thanks again @bodia. I'm in the UK, I've found this this dealer page which suggests that there were also only 25 of each colour available in Europe... sounds plausible I guess.

Cheers! JP.
Yep! Enjoy it!

Exactly as said above Ish did a special order of limited run of all hog bodies with open pore satin finishes. It's been done for quite a few dealers as well. Some have black satin finished necks and/or 5708 pickups as well. There's a few finish options out there depending on which run and where.

Cool guitars.

Back