Heart strings pulled...

Makes me want one. Wouldn't mind seeing a larger pickguard but that would make it look even more like a Tele.

Is the bridge pickup on the PRS angled on either model? Is the bridge pickup attached to the bridge itself like it would be in a Tele? Doesn't look like it is. That would give the guitar a different sound.

That was a terrific interview and I'm glad they're going ahead and using the word "Telecaster" when they talk about the new PRS guitars.

I think of my SE Silver Skys as being Strats and my Bernies as being Les Pauls...although I do own some Gibsons and Fenders.

They sound about the same to me. Especially after a pickup swap.

Paul is a great guitar maker because he thinks about who is going to end up playing the instrument, and he cares about how they experience that. It’s what separates him from the “manufacturers” of instruments. That’s the same person I see in this interview… a guy who likes to see life through other people’s view, and make it better. More power to you, Paul, you make us proud.

I still want to try the NF53. Might be trade time.

I'd like to try one too. Starr's Guitars in Cedaredge, Colorado is my closest PRS dealer.

Bought my SE Silver Sky and HDRX 20 amp from them...and my Oregon made Breedlove acoustics.

You know what? Think I'll take a drive today and see if they have a NF53 to try.

I'd like to try one too. Starr's Guitars in Cedaredge, Colorado is my closest PRS dealer.

Bought my SE Silver Sky and HDRX 20 amp from them...and my Oregon made Breedlove acoustics.

You know what? Think I'll take a drive today and see if they have a NF53 to try.
I’d like to hear your impressions of it if you do. I’ve wanted a second NF3 for a while but prices have been ridiculous, some even asking more than the NF53 brand new! It seems to me the NF53 would be a great companion guitar to my NF3; similar enough to not need a whole other group of amp settings, different enough to add another flavor. Just hard to know without actually hearing/comparing.

I need to sojourn into Houston and find one there.

I don't necessarily want one of these, never being a big Tele guy, but am KEENLY interested in the pickups and where these discoveries will lead. A new version NF that has the output of a single coil and is tuned to sound very close to one but a bit fatter, has the potential to show up in MANY other new designs! I hope a real "HSS" featuring these as the S is coming somewhere down the road! While they've done this in the past, the previous NF's were 57/08 spec'd winds, so they didn't sound like and HSS. These pickups (or variants) would allow true HSS sound with no hum. PLEASE DO A NEW STUDIO using these! S2 and painted would be great to save money!

I don't necessarily want one of these, never being a big Tele guy, but am KEENLY interested in the pickups and where these discoveries will lead. A new version NF that has the output of a single coil and is tuned to sound very close to one but a bit fatter, has the potential to show up in MANY other new designs! I hope a real "HSS" featuring these as the S is coming somewhere down the road! While they've done this in the past, the previous NF's were 57/08 spec'd winds, so they didn't sound like and HSS. These pickups (or variants) would allow true HSS sound with no hum. PLEASE DO A NEW STUDIO using these! S2 and painted would be great to save money!
I agree. I still haven't found a noiseless Strat pickup that sounds as good to me as a really good Strat single coil like the Core Silver Sky, Duncan Antiquity Surfers, Fralins, Chubtones, etc.

Maybe PRS can figure that one out.

They figured out how to duplicate a '57 Gibson PAF with the 57/08.

Probably one of Paul's best interviews. He doesnt go off the rails and he is sincere and honest. He also seems to have a deep appreciation for the interviewees which is rare for aclaimed personalities.

That's what I appreciate about PRS in general. Like their founder, they are a principled company, and as a consumer that makes me happy. Well done!

Back