Have you ever bought an artist signature guitar mostly because you like the artist?

It's completely irrational, but I find artist signature products off putting. I stupidly didn't consider the Les Paul one until LSchefman pointed it out.

But I have bought stock guitar models because bands I like use them. Silverchair and Breaking Benjamin are why I got PRS fever in the first place.

I do however, have enough Hetfield Black Fang guitar picks to last me through a nuclear war, but that's my one exception so far.

I bought the signature Jimmie Vaughn Tex-Mex Strat and love the sound. You can't go wrong with three single-coil Tex-Mex pickups. Great sound for blues. Love this guitar. Mine is in white and I changed the pick guard to tortoise shell. White and brown is a classic combination. The neck has jumbo frets similar to the PRS S2's. I'm hoping the S2 SH Mira I ordered will have a similar feel.

I'm familar with Jimmie Vaughn's music and like it. But I bought this guitar based on several online reviews. Its a little less expensive compared to an American Standard Strat and thats a plus for me too. Its still a top quality electric at almost $900.

Not my Strat, but it shows the colors.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/attachme...ell-pickguard-oly-white-strat-tortpgstrat-jpg

Last edited:
I have never bought any signature model guitars.
I have bought the same color and vintage as a artist though....
I have a 1980 Les Paul Custom Silverburst,because Adam Jones
from Tool uses one.

I guess this would be true ,also for my 1985 Black Schecter Mercury Strat.
Andy Taylor played one,while in the group The Power Station.
I wanted that guitar when I was a kid,but my mom wouldn't pay $800 -$1000
for a guitar back then.
I had to wait 29 years,but finally got one..

If PRS ever released a Pete Loeffler Artist model,I would purchase one of them.

Last edited:
Back