Has anyone sold a Paul's, 408, 513 or 509 because you hated the P/U's ?

I just realized this thread doesn't have any pictures, we can't have that, can we?...So Balistic, to help your GAS for a 305 (when one finally shows up in Oz)...

IMG_0247_resize_zps37068ce0.jpg

These are wonderful guitars..."Strat-like" but with PRS play-ability.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your 513 playing experience. Guitar aesthetics are a very personal thing. I love the "HSH appearance" but obviously PRSZ take on it with the 513 is not for eveyone. Maybe it's the fact they resemble active pup's, which many guitarists hate with a passion ? I'm personally not a fan of Zebra pickups, preferring covered then black, all creme or all white.

The main thing is that you own a PRS of some description and I'm guessing that with your post count that that is an affirmative.
Mine is a 408. The more I play it the more I like it.... yesterday I played one of my Strats, which had been my 'home' guitars for the past 30+ years, and for the first time found myself thinking "it's not home anymore, home is now the 408".

And since someone was askin' for pictures:

ad2c3e3352379ebefff6e4e70f412e46_zpsrimrtssn.jpg

I had never heard of the 305 being more of a Fender guy than a PRS guy but saying this this is the only forum I've visited in months.....but have been playing a lot of my Flaxwood Liekki (love them P90's)? Can't tell me Flaxwoods body shape isn't PRS inspired.....but what to do in regards to the 305, so many Strats in my house but a PRS Strat O Like is already giving me gas and I haven't even seen one in the flesh. Couple of good vids on YT. What to do ? Quick interweb search reveals no 305's for sale in Oz. Problem solved.
If you want a Strat-like PRS, you won't get any closer than a DC3. I got one a couple months ago and it is easily the best "Strat" I've ever played. Strat tones with PRS playability and feel. What more could a guy want?

Thanks for posting the pic's fellas, Very nice. Now if Josh would only reveal his 513 and put us all out of our misery.

Googling DC3 now DrDoom.

Back