Happy Birthday!

Simon Says

Cathode Follower
I'm a week late off, but today, I'm celebrating the 24th birthday of that bad boy.

Born the 22nd November 1999.

This Standard 24 had a facelift and a few surgeries but is still going strong. One of the most resonant guitars I ever had in my hands

That’s one sexy m’fxcker, so glad you never sold it.

I was close, very close to selling this guitar. I remember the day when I saw it on Reverb.com. I was just after I bought my Custom24 35th Anniversary. I had that Custom and a couple of Stratocasters I was barely playing at that point. I instantly fell in love with the mahogany swirl on the top. The price was attractive, but I still couldn't justify the buy. A few more days passed, and the price dropped even more. At that point, I started selling anything I didn't need. I sold my main Strat (someone had a deal of a lifetime) and a couple of pedals that day, and I hit the road to Surrey. That was 2.5 years ago.
I have had a love-hate relationship with this guitar since, and as you can see in the pictures, I had it heavily modified. The winged tuners were replaced by phase III's. I couldn't gel with stock HFS/VB pickups, so I changed them to a set of 59/09. Later, the bridge was changed again to Tremonti and finally to a set of open-coil \M/s, and the final pickup swap completed this guitar. It sings, it roars, it screams, and it gently whips. Is it a keeper? I have no reason to doubt it may be. Two and a half years is a long time to own a guitar, but I can do all I want between this and a Custom24 (which I have held for even longer). I often miss a Strat, but since the latest pickup swap, way less than before.

I Like Some Bling Every Now And Then But The Classier Looking, More Natural Stuff Is Absolutely Awesome To Me. This Is A Looker! o_O

I'm a week late off, but today, I'm celebrating the 24th birthday of that bad boy.

Born the 22nd November 1999.

This Standard 24 had a facelift and a few surgeries but is still going strong. One of the most resonant guitars I ever had in my hands

Single piece body? Very nice!

Back