Collector's Boutique

I can't imagine paying that kind of money for the privilege of hanging that thing on a strap and schlepping it around (unless you're Jimmy Page bringing it onstage for 'Stairway' to the delight of a big audience), but it's probably a cool piece for the right collector.

If you pay for it with your hard-earned income, I'm not sure the word privilege still applies.

Item #4: Paul's 28 #13/28

:oops:

i-x9PTB3k-X3.png

For those who don't know, there are about 108 PRS that were made (in large part) by the man, himself. We call the first 80 "pre-factory". We call the rest Paul's 28.

To quote Paul, "I personally supervised the work and personally worked on this instrument throughout its creation. I picked out all the woods, re-carved the body to original shop specs, carved the neck by hand, stained it, helped finish it, helped sand it, spec'd out all of the pickups, and played and adjusted it until it was 'right'.”

When everyone was struggling to stay afloat in the fall of 2008, Paul made these guitars to ensure his employees received a Christmas gift. When they first hit the streets, few of us were able to buy one. Now, they rarely come up for sale and when they do, the price is notable (example HERE). Even the Violin McCarty's, which were a PS run inspired by this guitar, are selling for as much as the one linked below.

Link to Reverb auction:
These guitars have grounded shielding (and Paul's signature) in the caveties. Here are some 'gut shots' I took of #21 when it was owned by @markie .

i-VnRdsx8-L.jpg

i-j3sshtp-L.jpg

Here's a video of Simon McBride playing one.

Here is a photo of Davey Knowles playing one of the prototypes (which he calls Ellie) for the Paul's 28 and the Violin McCarty. It features a solid Brazilian Rosewood neck, no truss rod, and was Paul's personal guitar for a while.

5057143179_33105a4b43_b.jpg

Last edited:
Woooaaahhh! I've seen Davey play that one a lot. The Celtic knots get me everytime! Absolutely incredible! Thanks for the share I never new about the 108/28 thing. I definitely learned something new today. Good stuff!

Back