Had a chance to put my 594s side by side with some top vintage guitars today!

Tag

They did OK. ;)

IMO, these may very well be the finest guitars ever made. There is not a HINT of harshness to them, and they more than held their own next to some 50s Gibsons and Fenders, as well as an onslaught of Custom shop guitars. To have this much clarity and presence in a humbucker guitar, and zero hint of any "new guitar" syndrome or brittleness is unbelievable.
I want a HB version in the worst way.
Insane guitars.
:)

They did OK. ;)

IMO, these may very well be the finest guitars ever made. There is not a HINT of harshness to them, and they more than held their own next to some 50s Gibsons and Fenders, as well as an onslaught of Custom shop guitars. To have this much clarity and presence in a humbucker guitar, and zero hint of any "new guitar" syndrome or brittleness is unbelievable.
I want a HB version in the worst way.
Insane guitars.
:)

You are a bad influence! Fit right in around here. :)

I figured they'd stand up to pretty much anything. Hearing it does make me want one more though.

A single cut full HB would likely be my first choice, but a Santana body shape with the 594 and 58 15 LT's or medium turns would be just as nice. I get excited thinking about it. Giddy Up!

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but my 594 Soapbar also compares extremely well in its vintage vibe to my ‘65 SG Special. I think it even sounds better; more articulate and defined, not mushy in the bass. I love my humbucker 594 as well.

My 594s rank with my PS models as the best sounding, best made guitars I’ve ever played. That’s saying a lot, as far as I’m concerned.

Uh oh, more enabling....
landscape-1509975916-jim-carrey-shocked.gif

The true questions is....DC or SC 594??? Both??

Both. Being I play on the jazzier side, I like the extra air the bigger body of the SC semi hollow puts out, but its not a huge difference. Love them both!!

About the bridge; this obviously isn't a full blown 594 HB...they didn't announce the DC version of the model till after I had this one in the oven either. To be honest the entire package was a *bit* of a compromise based on what was available through Private Stock at the time without having to pay CNC tool path programing fees, which get "up there" quickly. I probably could've waited it out till someone else paid those fees...but I have always wanted an SC HB1 (no maple back) and this was the one way to get one with the custom elements I had to have.

Reactions: Tag
In my book, the 594 is a vintage guitar.

It certainly fills that role for me. It was the answer to my dreams of vintage LP sound and function but without all the things I don't like about LP's. I recently took it further and changed the tone wiring to the 50's Gibson style.

Plug that thing into a dirty amp, and it's heaven for classic blues and rock.

It certainly fills that role for me. It was the answer to my dreams of vintage LP sound and function but without all the things I don't like about LP's. I recently took it further and changed the tone wiring to the 50's Gibson style.

Plug that thing into a dirty amp, and it's heaven for classic blues and rock.
We are totally on the same page - I sold a 1980 LP to get my 594 - have never looked back.

I already had a LP that sounds like an LP should when I got my 594. Never been a Fender fan, no hate I just always buy something else when the choice comes up. I think it's the cookie cutter thing, great for replacing parts but they don't really scream "fine instrument" according to my taste.

An LP Standard is a really sweet guitar, especially if you get a good one and I did. Any reasonable hobby guitar player would have happily stopped there but I got gas. At first I was considering another LP, maybe a historic or custom shop.

After looking at everything online I went to my guitar guy to check out a nice R9, a beautiful Tom Anderson drop top, and the 594 I ended up buying. It looked the best, played the best and grabbed me the most, the R9 and TA didn't stand a chance.

I'm not a fanboy of any brand, so I bought what I thought was the most guitar for my money. My financial bracket is closer to the people making these guitars than most of the people buying them, so that's important to me.

In my opinion the 594 gives me everything I was looking for to one up my LP in a complimentary way. I wouldn't trade my LP for it, but it IS the nicer guitar when it comes to attention to detail at every level. It also cost twice as much, so anything less would be unacceptable.

It's been good enough to kill any further gas attacks, I'm pretty happy with two electrics and couldn't be happier about the two I ended up with :)

594-6.jpg

Back