Gram Parsons For RRHOF

IKnowALittle

Can't believe he isn't in. The guy invented Country Rock ... f@ckin' disgrace.

Of course, when your first inductee isn't The Beatles, then you have no credibility anyway.

and the second ... Chuck Berry,
and the third ... Elvis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! Too bad Parsons doesn't have the fan base of Rush - they forced the RRHOF to finally put them in. You've got rappers in there already, but no Parsons? And we could name more who should be in there. Overall, sometimes the speeches and jams are cool, but who gets in and when is a joke!

Remember...the RRHOF is a panel of dudes that vote for their favorites. There hasn't been any rhyme or reason to some of their choices...
There's a good interview with Steve Miller (I think it was on Stern) talking about his induction experience. And you can't listen to Eddie Trunk's show for an hour without him ranting about how preposterous the hall is...

I couldn't care less who is in the RRHOF.

That's more polite than anything I can come up with on the subject, so I'll leave it at that before my Backspace key melts.

Imagine if the NFL Hall of Fame were run like the RRHOF. Vince Lombardi wouldn't even get a mention, unless the non-football-players controlling the induction process actually liked Green Bay.

Glad that Sister Rosetta finally got in. Absolute travesty that it took this long. She should have been an inaugural member of any self-respecting RRHOF.

Totally agree that Gram Parsons should have beat out at least half of the acts that got in this year. Maybe these "experts" confused him with Alan Parsons or something.

I don't have any issue with any of the rap acts that have made it in, though, "rock" encompasses a lot of music. Rev Run didn't call himself the King of Black Contemporary/Dance, after all.

If they have no credibility, then why do you care if he gets in or not? I couldn't care less who is in the RRHOF.

I care for the same reason that I care about a lot of things that don't affect me.
People who know nothing of music or musicianship look to these "institutions" with respect and uncritical eyes.
Which is fine. However, it means that the curators need to have credibility and provide historical perspective and context.
I agree that entrance is based on opinions, but the voters are not picked off the street. They are industry veterans with "cred." But, they totally missed the boat on this.
Not trying to be aggressive, but if anyone doubts this, listen to "Sweetheart of the Rodeo", recorded in 1968.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back