Got a Silver Sky today...FREE

Daniel Elam

My parents came to visit today and my dad brought a few guitars for me to play and give him my thoughts on. He’s been on a quest to find a magical new guitar lately, mostly of the Strat variety. I had never even seen a Silver Sky in person until today and I was really impressed. I think I just kind of lit up when playing it vs the other guitars. I was like, “the neck, the pickups, it just feels right, sounds great.” I was all over the volume and tone knobs and all over the neck just seeing what all I could get out of it.

So it’s about 30 minutes before they have to leave and he looks at me and says, “I want you to have the Sky. I didn’t plan this, but after hearing you play it and hearing you talk about everything you liked about it, I want you to have it. You’re going to get a lot more out of it than I ever will.”

Okay, y’all, I cried a little (was holding back a lot. Why do we do that?). It was really a sweet moment. I could tell that it was giving him a lot of joy to give me this guitar! He’s a giver. In fact, earlier this year he bought a PRS SE Paul’s guitar (and upgraded the tuners) for a teenager on the worship team at their church who had been playing a starter guitar for years but has progressed into a pretty good player.

It’s always been good to be his son but today was really pretty special to both of us.
iHYJfyX.jpg
1TDeDF4.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words! My parents are one of a kind that’s for sure. Full of kindness, love and wisdom. Never a cruel word to say. And in my 41 years, I’ve never heard anyone say anything except, “Oh, I LOVE your parents!” They are rock solid. Legacy status.

I "felt" your story, and I am BIG happy for you, and your Dad. Thanks for sharing. It was a nice, uplifting start to my day.

A very memorable moment and a guitar that you’ll never part with from now on. You can’t place a value on that memory

This made my day.... I must be getting soft, reading it actually made my eyes teary... probably has to do with being a dad and wanting great things for my kids too. Thanks for writing this for all of us to see.

Back