Good Vibes

¡¡¡Excelente!!!

young-man-celebrating-success-arms-up-38420934.jpg

Yeah, really. Good luck man.

I just had serious, deep kidney surgery myself. It was the forth time in twelve years. It went well and I was home in a few days but then I got really sick. I was stumbling around the house in extreme pain (avoiding the few pain pills that they gave me) and finally my fiancé that I live with, Charity, took me to the emergency room. It is actually somewhat vague to me. She took me to the emergency room at five in the morning and I thought it was sometime in the evening. I was in a blur. It was still dark out.

They found an infection and the head doctor would not let the other doctors touch me, even though they had ideas as to how to treat me. They put me on pain meds and antibiotics but he said that the big time surgeons like I had work on me, sometimes get really upset if another doctor gets too involved with diagnosing and treating their patient (because they don't know what they - the surgeon - did). So they put me on a rough ride by ambulance to Syracuse, NY from where I live in North Central Pennsylvania. It was a really rough ride on a metal bench mainly, no mattress.

They kept me in Syracuse at the University Hospital for a couple more days and made sure that I was infection free and that everything was okay.

After they put me on the antibiotics and pain meds I came right around to being myself. I can't believe how sick I was at home and how I was in terrible pain trying to walk to the bath room, etc. I was out of it, and not even taking the pain meds as prescribed. I was going light, like the doctor told me to do.

Well after I got back home my personal physician put me on some heavy duty pain pills and I'm still on them. They work well and my pain is well controlled. Plus I get right into the groove when playing the guitar. I have some guitars right by my bed and some amps set up in an amp station, computer workstation/desk type thing that I built right next to my bed out of two by twelve pressure treated wood. It has three levels of shelving going along the wall over to the door, strictly for some amps and my two by twelve Avatar cabinet. The desk has a top shelf that I have my Marshall DSL100H head sitting on. Behind my monitor I have my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue that I'm playing my new Gibson LP Junior thru. I stripped the auto tuner junk off the LP Junior and put on some nice Grover metal sealed drop in tuners, voiding the warranty, but I'm really glad I stripped that toy gizmo junk auto tuning system off of the guitar. I can get in touch with my guitar now when I tune it up manually.

Playing guitar has really helped me during my recovery. I'm doing very well at this point.

Good luck and practice guitar a lot. It will probably help you with your recovery. Take it easy and groove on your music. Hopefully you will be out of the risky zone before much longer.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. We care. Best wishes to you and yours.

Well boys and girls, We might not be out of the woods yet. I got the pathology report back today and it came back as adenoid cystic carcinoma (read cancer). They took a margin of good tissue out and the cancer HADN'T gone into the good tissue so they are pretty sure that they got it all out and I might not have to take radiation or chemo, we don't know yet. Keep up the good thoughts guys.

I'll have to play up a storm and try to extract some MOJO out of it to go your way. Best wishes in this time of uncertainty and fear. Playing may help your anxiety. I played guitar thru headphones right in my hospital bed and it helped with my emotions and, surprisingly, my pain. I had a cheap Epi faded SG and a Vox DA 5. Really decent items despite what many think of them. Did the job in class.

Last edited:
Back