PRS SE Tremonti Custom - INFO

WickerGian

Hello everybody!
I recently purchased a PRS SE Custom Tremonti Charcoal Burst and that was a dream of mine.
The guitar is excellent, the sound is great, really giving Alter Bridge vibes and sound.

BUT

why is the guitar always going out of tune after a little bit? Dammit, i mean ALWAYS, even a minute after tuning it.

I saw on YT a some reporting this issue and that there's no remedy about it.

I'm counting on you PRS fans :)

Search these forums - tons if threads and good feedback on SE tuning stability issues. Here... I'll get you started:

I'll summarize:

1) Change the nut to a PRS Core nut (available on the PRS store website). The softer plastic used on the SE nuts is usually the main cause of this problem
2) If you've changed string gauge to 10's (or higher), the strings will bind at the nut - SE nuts are typically cut for 9's, and are shipped with 9's
3) Make sure strings are properly seated in the trem block, and not catching anywhere. Maybe add a little lube at contact points
4) Give it some time - metal on the bridge parts and trem block need to "wear in", as does the nut. Don't know why SE's tend to take longer, but play hard, use the bar, and see if it improves after a month or so.
5) And in case you missed step 1), change the nut to a PRS Core nut

Things will get better! I know how frustrating this is, but you can get the tuning rock solid.

Search these forums - tons if threads and good feedback on SE tuning stability issues. Here... I'll get you started:

I'll summarize:

1) Change the nut to a PRS Core nut (available on the PRS store website). The softer plastic used on the SE nuts is usually the main cause of this problem
2) If you've changed string gauge to 10's (or higher), the strings will bind at the nut - SE nuts are typically cut for 9's, and are shipped with 9's
3) Make sure strings are properly seated in the trem block, and not catching anywhere. Maybe add a little lube at contact points
4) Give it some time - metal on the bridge parts and trem block need to "wear in", as does the nut. Don't know why SE's tend to take longer, but play hard, use the bar, and see if it improves after a month or so.
5) And in case you missed step 1), change the nut to a PRS Core nut

Things will get better! I know how frustrating this is, but you can get the tuning rock solid.
Thank you SO MUCH

Back