Good, Clean, SOAPY Fun

CantankerousCarl

Occasionally Onery Member
I had two of these before...I won't say that I squandered them, but alot of good girls left my basement to fund my 408 Brazzy last year...it was pretty much an SE liquidation.

That which I kicked myself in my own ass about most were the awesomely unique SE Semi Hollow Soapbar. Something about the grit of the P90s with the semi-hollowness is really something with these. Listened to some previous recordings I laid down with them and just couldn't reproduce that sound. Wanted it back.

So, over the past 3 months, started to become a trifle obsessed. I began poking around for (read: scouring, searching, waking up in the middle of the night sweating, etc.) one. Not so many of these around...DUH. There happens to be one torturing me from a semi-local non-chain guitar shop that I flat-out refuse to patronize. The proprietor and I have done some business before, two deals, but after that he's done nothing but waste my gas and time with verbal commitments he then refused to honor. He makes me, well, CANTANKEROUS. I wipe my hairy butt with the free t-shirt he gave me upon my initial purchase there.

But I digress...that particular axe is in my least favorite of the colors they were ever produced in (natural) and in maybe 7/10 condition on a good day, at high noon, after a good polish, after a few drinks...and therefore about $150 overpriced. Want - but not THAT much.

Fast forward...

TODAY the fruits of my tireless searches, as well as serendipitous good fortune and some Divine intervention, have come to fruition. Everyone say hello to "Maya," who is perfect and sounds utterly awesome:

089_zpsbb58fc8e.jpg

Some really nice figuring for an SE board:

090_zps426e2ace.jpg

Sometimes, things just work out.

I had one I sold too I know what you went through I'll probably never meet you so give me a long distance kick in the ass . Nice score they are fine geetars.

Nice score! Love the colour.. Still kick myself for selling my Soapbar Maple II. Still the guitar I bought with that I then later sold to fund the Bernie so it worked out. Would have preferred to own both though!

Back